The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree16Likes
  • 6 Post By eastfly66
  • 3 Post By el jefe
  • 2 Post By these go to 11
  • 2 Post By eastfly66
  • 2 Post By hairwing530
  • 1 Post By eastfly66

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2015, 04:40 AM

eastfly66 is a name known to alleastfly66 is a name known to alleastfly66 is a name known to alleastfly66 is a name known to alleastfly66 is a name known to alleastfly66 is a name known to all
Default Thomas & Thomas glass rod review.

Review: Thomas & Thomas Heirloom Fiberglass Rod - New England On The FlyNew England On The Fly

* Note the last photo , the wooden structure in the background is the Old North Bridge in Concord MA.

" By the rude bridge that arched the flood,

Their flag to Aprilís breeze unfurled,

Here once the embattled farmers stood

And fired the shot heard round the world. "

- R. W. Emerson

Nice write up Ben.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:56 AM

el jefe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Thomas & Thomas glass rod review.

Thanks for posting that, East. I have the 763-3 in the Heirloom, and it is a rod around which I plan fishing trips. A delight to fish in the age of fast rods.
hairwing530, eastfly66 and jpgodf like this.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:28 PM

these go to 11 will become famous soon enough

Nice article and thanks for sharing. I handled one of these at the Marlborough Fly show last winter, and I was quite impressed with the quality of this rod. I had it in my head that I needed to add a glass rod to my quiver for small stream trout fishing, and this rod and the Seele Zeitlos really stood out at that show. T&T is close to home for me and I need to pay them a visit sometime.
hairwing530 and eastfly66 like this.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:11 AM

eastfly66 is a name known to alleastfly66 is a name known to alleastfly66 is a name known to alleastfly66 is a name known to alleastfly66 is a name known to alleastfly66 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by el jefe View Post
A delight to fish in the age of fast rods.
Sometimes there is more to a rod & the fly fishing experience , thus a justification for the quiver....

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by these go to 11 View Post
T&T is close to home for me and I need to pay them a visit sometime
Being local , you might be able to arrange for a demo rod to fish for the day , the best bet to see if it is a good fit. I don't know if that program is still in place. I stopped in yesterday on my return from the Deerfield to see if there was a rod for a friend in the "trade in rack " - that program has been discontinued , all remaining trade in rods have been donated to groups such as Project Healing waters and youth groups , a respectable decision.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:20 AM

hairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant future

Hey Paul,

The "Speaker of the House" sends along her thanks for giving me one more rod to add to my list of "should have's/should try..." It's a list that continues to accrue entries, now requiring a small notebook...

On the bright side, your post does give her fodder for a birthday gift for yours truly. And, for that, I thank you.

Tight lines to you, my friend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
these go to 11 and eastfly66 like this.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:10 AM

scotty macfly is a jewel in the roughscotty macfly is a jewel in the roughscotty macfly is a jewel in the rough

That rod is mt fantasy fiberglass rod. I think that Thomas & Thomas logo on their rods are the most beautiful. It has character and class.

Gorgeous rod eastfly66.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:10 AM

bear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to behold

Someday I'll pick one up, thanks for posting.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:29 PM

jpgodf will become famous soon enoughjpgodf will become famous soon enough

That's another beautiful T&T rod I would love to have.
But I'm gonna restrain myself and enjoy the two great T&T rods I already have.

JP
Old 05-08-2015, 09:57 PM

these go to 11 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastfly66 View Post
Sometimes there is more to a rod & the fly fishing experience , thus a justification for the quiver....

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 AM ----------

Being local , you might be able to arrange for a demo rod to fish for the day , the best bet to see if it is a good fit. I don't know if that program is still in place. I stopped in yesterday on my return from the Deerfield to see if there was a rod for a friend in the "trade in rack " - that program has been discontinued , all remaining trade in rods have been donated to groups such as Project Healing waters and youth groups , a respectable decision.
It's good to hear that they donated those rods to a worthy cause. How is the Deerfield fishing? I will likely head out there and/or the EB in the next couple of weeks.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by these go to 11 View Post
How is the Deerfield fishing
It was decent , the flows have stabilized and hopefully they will stick to a predictable pattern. There was a hatch but I did not see a a rise anywhere. Streamers produced .
these go to 11 likes this.