The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2017, 08:02 AM

brownbass is a jewel in the roughbrownbass is a jewel in the roughbrownbass is a jewel in the rough
Default Hardy rod sale and clearance.

A big clearance and sale going on at Home - UpCountry Sportfishing on the Farmington River. They have Sage Ones and Hardy Jets and Shadows at some very good prices. I have cast the Jet 8.6 4wt and it is very nice casting rod and the Shadow 8wt which I don't think I knew enough to judge it at the time. The Jet 9' 5wt placed fairly high in the Yellowstone 5 weight shootout. The Jets are going for $150.00 off. $140.00 off on the Shadows. The Sage Ones were good prices below $500.00. A pretty large selection of both.
I just bought a Sage Pulse and have pretty much used up my good graces granted by my wife or I would be buying that Sage One 7wt.
ghostrider408 and grifmxc like this.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:12 AM

comeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hardy rod sale and clearance.

Yeah that 7wt ONE is a tempting little bugger. I have the 691-4 ONE which works great for all but the heaviest streamers Ive used. The 7wt is perfect for those bigger ones out of a boat.

Hmmm I really want the Method but man that is tempting at that price
jaybo41 and brokeoff like this.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 04-21-2017, 12:56 PM

Location: Northwest New Jersey, Big Flatbrook right over the hill
falcon53 is on a distinguished road

Sage One rods at trident are cheaper. They also give out 10% coupon codes from time to time.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:16 PM

brownbass is a jewel in the roughbrownbass is a jewel in the roughbrownbass is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon53 View Post
Sage One rods at trident are cheaper. They also give out 10% coupon codes from time to time.
I missed the Trident site. The service you get from Trident is the best. I have never dealt with Farmington. The Hardys are what actually caught my eye in the first place.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:46 PM

mooseknuckles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon53 View Post
If anyone has a 10% Trident coupon code and not planning to use it, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2017, 05:27 PM

Tridents are indeed cheaper$449.00. No returns. I found no stipulation on the Farmington site. They do offer a price match at their discretion. As I said above Trident customer service is great you make the decision where you spend your money.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:27 AM

comeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond repute

Well, your post cost me $450, it will cost even more if my wife finds out

Just ordered the 9' 7wt ONE from Trident for my boat streamer rod and wind cannon on the dream stream.

This should be a good combo I have the

691-4 ONE and now 791-4 ONE so I got the big meat high wind arena covered for years to come
brownbass likes this.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 04-22-2017, 10:57 AM

Trident had Sage One rods in 5 and 6wt a few weeks back. Looks like they are all gone. Trident coupons come in the form of a "coupon code" with your sales invoice to apply to future purchases. The code is what I received after I ordered a rod. There may be actual coupons .... I don't know. I'm sure people on this site are more familiar with Trident than I am.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
Well, your post cost me $450, it will cost even more if my wife finds out

Just ordered the 9' 7wt ONE from Trident for my boat streamer rod and wind cannon on the dream stream.

This should be a good combo I have the

691-4 ONE and now 791-4 ONE so I got the big meat high wind arena covered for years to come
Well, when you're out catching that big one on that new 7 you can curse me under your breath and later tip a brew to me. My apologies to your wife.
comeonavs likes this.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:02 PM

Great Combo! I really liked the 691-4 model a lot. Seemed like the perfect big river streamer rod. I ended up buying the 690-4 and pairing it with the new Ross Evo 7/8. You got me thinking about that 7wt!!!!