The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 06:02 PM

flymoron is on a distinguished road
Default pretty colored rods

I have been letting my kids use my fly rod and they really enjoy flicking about 10 ft of line overhead onto the pond and getting bluegill. They asked if they could have there own But not the black colored one like mine, so I am on a search for pretty colored fly rods, graphite/glass it doesn't matter. I checked out Ross versions but they are little too expensive.

thanks for any info

flymoron
Old 08-15-2010, 07:51 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pretty colored rods

Depending on their ages, maybe decals would make a black rod look cool.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:14 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

Chicago Fly Fishing Outfitters her in the city has some blue and pink fly rods - I'm not kidding. They're outfits that are about $100 all in. Check them out by giving Andy, Will or Jon a call at chifly.com if you're interested.

I joked about buying a pink one for my buddy for Christmas just to mess with him and they told me - they actually cast surprising well. I still think it would be darn funny to buy him a pink one
Old 08-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

It would be even funnier if you all went fishing together and he used the pink rod to catch more and bigger fish than you!
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:51 AM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold

Don't know if they like yellow or not, but there will be no mistaking it for your rod -

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo
Old 08-16-2010, 10:17 AM

oregonsteel has a spectacular aura aboutoregonsteel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymoron View Post
I have been letting my kids use my fly rod and they really enjoy flicking about 10 ft of line overhead onto the pond and getting bluegill. They asked if they could have there own But not the black colored one like mine, so I am on a search for pretty colored fly rods, graphite/glass it doesn't matter. I checked out Ross versions but they are little too expensive.

thanks for any info

flymoron
Maybe contact midwest custom rods? Their blanks might ot be what you are looking for, but their reel seats sure are colorful
Old 08-19-2010, 04:51 PM

flymoron is on a distinguished road

decals might work

thanks everyone

flymoron