The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 07:04 PM

cumminsram is on a distinguished road
Default Help With Heddon Split Bamboo

I recently acquired a very clean fly rod. It's a Heddon split bamboo. Heddon is hand written along the shaft and #8-8 1/2'-2F-HDH or E is on the opposite side written along the shaft. Can anybody off any help with and idea of when this was made and a ballpark on what it may be worth
Old 08-17-2010, 07:13 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help With Heddon Split Bamboo

with out pics hard to say anywhere from $5.00 to 125.00 for a heddon depending of shape. Need pics to tell. That one is for a #5 wt. level or a DT6
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 08-17-2010, 08:55 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

James Heddon & Sons Rods
Old 08-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I never say anything until I hear from Rip Tide. The only Heddon rods that seem to be consistent in their value are 'mint' examples of the Heddon Black Beauty. I will probably own one someday simply because I have wanted one since I was a boy.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;