The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 09:31 PM

utc2011 is on a distinguished road
Default TFO Lefty Kreh Professional 8.5 ft 4 weight

Hey all,
For the past two years, I have fished with a rod and reel combo I bought at my local fly shop for $34.99. It served me well, and I had a blast using it. A couple days ago my reel broke, so I thought I might as well buy a rod and reel that are a step up. After reading all the fantastic reviews of the TFO professional series, I decided to order a 8.5 ft, 4 weight TFO Lefty Kreh Professional series with an Orvis battenkill reel from flyshopcloseouts.com.
It arrived yesterday, and I tried it out in the back yard. So far, I love it! Though I will always be attached to my first rod, I have to say that this is an improvement. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to start fly fishing (it is listed around $140 on amazon).

On another note, though I rarely post, I have been reading this forum for the past two years and have learned all I know about fly fishing from you guys. Thank you for all the invaluable advice. Everyone here is polite and friendly, and I appreciate it!

Bob
Old 09-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TFO Lefty Kreh Professional 8.5 ft 4 weight

Bob: Good to see you posting, remember not everything we discuss is strictly related to fly fishing, feel free to jump in when you see something you want to comment on. Be sure to post a fishing report after getting out with the new outfit. Good choice on the TFO Lefty Kreh Professional, I have heard nothing but good reviews about it. Don't make the mistake of getting rid of that first rod, hang on to it, a number of years from now you will be glad you did. It is just like hanging on to the first fly you tie.

Larry