The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 07:39 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sweetgrass Graphite Rods

I've been looking at Sweetgrass cane rods for some time now. After Glenn Brackett and Co. left Winston, they opened up Sweetgrass Rods, also in Twin Bridges, MT. They now offer quad, penta and hexagonal hollow-built can rods, that look very nice (I'm seriously considering venturing into bamboo rods; particularly for the small stream fishing that I do here in the Poconos).

Recently, I've noticed that they've branched out and are now offering both graphite and fiberglass rods, crafted by Sam Druckman. I'm not sure who's rolling the blanks for their graphite rods, but I understand that they're made in the US.

Does anyone have any experience with the graphite rods from Sweetgrass?

Pocono
Old 09-18-2010, 08:40 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sweetgrass Graphite Rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post

Does anyone have any experience with the graphite rods from Sweetgrass?

Pocono
I can only wish and dream! If you need a test driver just P.M. me. I would be more than happy to oblige!
Old 09-19-2010, 01:03 PM

creeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of light

Having seen a TU show on that shop, I'd love to have a bamboo rod from them. But, there's no way I'd ever be able to afford it. I'll have to check out the glass and graphite rods.

*** I just looked and that glass 3 wt looks pretty damn nice....****
Old 09-20-2010, 09:10 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Sam was the rod designer for Winston. If Sam isn't doing it, I wouldn't put it past them to have Burkheimer roll the blanks.