The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 05:59 PM

booya is on a distinguished road
Default help me find a rod

im looking to go salmon fishing in miramichi N.B next week while im on vacation. problem is i have never done it before have only trout fished. im looking to find a good 1 handed fly rod to catch atlantic salmon of all sizes. i have checked the local sports stores and they dont have much selection. i believe most of the fly rods they have are for trout fishing as they are rated 7wt. is a 7wt rod sturdy enough to land atlantic salmon? also can u tell me some of the more popular fly rods for salmon fishing. only brands i have come across is shimano, juniper, and fenwick, and think i seen a shakespear. i dont know what to look for any help would be much apreciated
Old 07-23-2008, 06:08 PM

tlcrep will become famous soon enough
Default Re: help me find a rod

There are alot. For great value but made in third world countries, Echo, tfo, for great value made in the USA their are a couple made by Sage, Great bay Rods, G loomis
Old 07-23-2008, 06:34 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: help me find a rod

Check out some of Dec's signature line. I had a chance to cast some of these last year (prototypes).
All are two handers (I know you were talking one hander) but for the price you're getting 2 rods in one.
Tim Rajeff's Echo Fly Rods and Reels

These could see double duty when you get back home. Think about it.