Pink Barbie Fishing Rod

mhclayton

Reaction score
OK all you snobs who think you need a 700 dollar Sage ZXL to have a quality fishing experience-- how many saw the news article about the new NC state catfish that was caught on a pink Barbie fishing rod? Apparently, the little girl left grandpa in charge of her rod while she visited the ladies' room, and he was responsible for landing the giant. It was about as long as the rod, and had a girth of 22". The Nooz: Record fish caught on Barbie rod - Weird news - MSNBC.com
Funny story, and helps keep everything in perspective for gear junkies like me. Cheers, MC

jose

Reaction score
That's a great story- shows the importance of playing a fish right, regardless of your rod. Wow, that fish is bigger than the girl. I always tell other fisher folk I meet, it's not so much the rod but how you handle it. Thanks for sharing that one : )

BigCliff

Reaction score
My mother-in-law has already gotten my still in womb daughter a Disney pole that's basically the same. I was already thinkin it would be handy in tight cover, glad to know it will handle the hogs too.

jose

Reaction score
Wow! Congratulations Cliff! That's exciting... the daughter to come part, although I'm sure your happy about the Disney pole too : )