I have never had any warranty claims with Winston. There warranty statements are pretty straight forward.
1. You have to be the original owner.
2. You have to buy the rod from an authorized dealer.
3. You have to send in your warrant registration card in 10 days of the purchase.
4. You have to send in the complete rod for a repair and pay the postage.
5. There is a fee of $50 for Winston to repair and return your rod.
If you didn't do any of these things they could refuse to repair your rod. In reality I think they may be a little flexible to satisfy a customer. Call customer service and ask them. You might get your dealer to help you out if you bought it from a local fly shop.
I would try the repair Email below.
R.L Winston Rod Company
500 South Main Street, P.O. Box 411
Twin Bridges, Montana 59754
repair email: email@example.com