The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Rods (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-rods/)
-   -   Allen Fly Fishing - Nano Ti Rod and Blank Series Release (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-rods/64987-allen-fly-fishing-nano-ti-rod-blank-series-release.html)

allenflyfishing 10-26-2010 08:59 PM

Allen Fly Fishing - Nano Ti Rod and Blank Series Release

The Release of our Nano Ti Rod Series and Blanks

For those that follow my products on the board. For the most part I list updates on my thread in the Classifieds. However, this post is also fitting here.

"Our new series (Nano Ti) of rods utilizes the latest in technological development. One of the lightest rods on the market, at just 2.6 oz. in a #5 weight, it feels like a feather and casts great. We have teamed with a renowned carbon fiber manufacturer to develop a resin system that allows the impregnation of nano titanium particles into the resin/carbon matrix. This prevents "micro cracking" and allows us to achieve lighter weight without compromising breakage or flex in the rods.

I had help over the last several months by a friend of mine. Developed and designed by a former CEO of a well known golf shaft manufacturer. We have worked to develop this new series of rods that deliver the lightest weight, the latest in technology and performance at an affordable price."

Here is my final design on the Nano Ti Series.

1. Reel Seat - Gold Anodized AL. The font will be smaller on "Allen"
2. Guides - Snake Guides **** I might change to single foot guides to reduce the weight. Seems it’s 50/50 on what people like.
3. The logo size will be reduced.
4. Med to Fast Action
5. Blank Color - Green

The rod weight is 2.65 oz in the 5wt. I have made a limited production run that will be ready soon of 5pcs of each weight. I also have Blanks for rod builders as well.

Sizes - 4wt, 5wt, 6wt, 7wt, 8wt, 9wt (all 9', 4pc rods)

Pricing

RODS

Retail: Not sure yet. (Those that have fished my demo rods throughout the last several months say it compares to all the high end rods from other mfgs)

NAFFF - $180.00 (This comes with a Tube and Sock)

BLANKS

NAFFF - $90.00 (This includes an extra tip)

Warranty - Same as my reels. If it needs fixed, I'll fix it. If I can't, I'll replace it. The warranty on this Series is lifetime. We have done many tests on the flex to find the weak spots and have them all corrected in the last several months. There has been over 500 blanks tested throughout the last serveral months and I would not release this rod untill I was 100% happy with the durability of this series. I am positive those that fish this rod will be happy with its performance.

http://www.allenflyfishing.com/images/nano1.JPG

http://www.allenflyfishing.com/images/nano2.JPG

Please PM me if you have any questions or Interested in getting one of the first's

Thanks Everyone,

Justin

axle27 10-27-2010 08:00 AM

Re: Allen Fly Fishing - Nano Ti Rod and Blank Series Release

Been thinking about upgrading my dry stick...hmmmmm:D

Glen Wright 10-27-2010 12:46 PM

Hey Justin-

I don't know if it's possible, but you might consider selling a kit with the handle and reel seat with the blank too. That looks like a pretty nice reel seat and cork. I just may just have to buy one of the blanks.

I still have to buy several more reels from you though!

One more thing please consider developing a 10' 3wt, 4wt, 5wt for Czech Style nymphing. They are hard to find here in the U.S. and blanks seem to be impossible to find unless you want to get one custom... thats too costly for me and a lot of others I'd suspect.

Tom Wilson

allenflyfishing 10-27-2010 01:22 PM

Hi Tom,

Good to hear from ya. You read my mind on the kits and the 10's. Already have these in the works.

Thanks

Justin

gtom61 10-29-2010 12:21 AM

Justin, good to talk to you too tonight and I responded to your email. These are beautiful rods and would've loved to have tested them. Nice fit and finish from what i can see.

I'll definitely have to get one, or two, of these! Out of curiosity, how balanced does it feel if i had a spooled Trout 5/7 or an Alpha 5/6 on a 5wt rod?

FrankB2 10-29-2010 11:22 AM

Hi Justin,
Just my opinion, but....The rod looks nice except for the stripper guide and the script used for "Allen". It looks like someone's name was printed on the real seat, and the stripper guide's concave frame looks like it should be on spinning gear. Minor points, but you seem to appreciate tinkering with aesthetics. ;)

allenflyfishing 10-29-2010 12:29 PM

Frank, Yes, your right on the script used for "Allen". Sometimes things look better on paper than on a rod. the stripper guides are normal. I think the photo does not show them that well. But, I'll take alook. Yes, I like to tinker until I'm 100% happy. The blank in my option is perfect. The cosmetic's are being improved now. I'll take professional photos when the lettering is corrected. Thanks again. Always like hearing what people are thinking. That has helped me to develope this blank/rod. More interesting products to come. I have a new reel thats in the prototype stage. Its not AL its a special blend of a new materail :)