The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 03:44 PM

txbevo has a spectacular aura abouttxbevo has a spectacular aura about
Default TFO Fiberglass Finesse

I learned today that TFO has an entry in the fiberglass market in their Finesse series. It appears to be a 5/6 wt. I have been looking into getting a glass rod and think this might be an affordable intro. Anyone have any info or experience with this rod? Thoughts/comments? Thanks.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:57 PM

ezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: TFO Fiberglass Finesse

how long has that particular rod been listed on TFO's site? very interesting.

eric
fresno, ca.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I think I'd get one if I hadn't bought a similar rod most recently. Hopefully they'll bring out a 6' 3/4 weight next.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:59 PM

ezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the rough

i'd like to see a 7, 7'-6" or even an 8' rod 4 or 5 wt, offered as blanks too. there was talk awhile ago on the fiberglass rod forum of select (very few) people acquiring initial test blanks NOT meant for public release which stirred a bunch of RUMORS and speculation. it'll be interesting to see if this develops into a new line or at least expanded finesse offerings.

eric
fresno, ca.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:52 PM

ksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura aboutksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura about

I thought the Finesse was graphite...?
Old 01-25-2009, 07:47 PM

txbevo has a spectacular aura abouttxbevo has a spectacular aura about

The Finesse line is graphite, but TFO has one rod in the series that is a glass rod.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:37 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Fiberglass Fly Rodders has some info on it. So far I think that TFO is just testing the water. It might help if the big box stores like Cabelas would offer them, but as far as I know, they don't.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:42 PM

ksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura aboutksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Fiberglass Fly Rodders has some info on it. So far I think that TFO is just testing the water. It might help if the big box stores like Cabelas would offer them, but as far as I know, they don't.
I believe you're right, and that cabelas only carries the graphite version
Old 02-11-2009, 08:29 PM

FishonJMB is on a distinguished road

I was in the Charlotte Bass Pro store today, and they now have the 6'9" 5/6 glass TFO in their racks. I have an old 7' 6-weight Vince Cummings River Rat, and at least in the store the TFO feels very similar to that ... flexes into the cork. I didn't get to cast it, but I plan to take one down to their pond soon.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:15 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishonJMB View Post
I was in the Charlotte Bass Pro store today, and they now have the 6'9" 5/6 glass TFO in their racks. I have an old 7' 6-weight Vince Cummings River Rat, and at least in the store the TFO feels very similar to that ... flexes into the cork. I didn't get to cast it, but I plan to take one down to their pond soon.
Give you $50 for your Cummings.