The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 04:26 PM

nicketheflyfisherman is on a distinguished road
Default Sage warranty question

Hello again!
Quick question regarding the Sage warranty, I was looking to buy a rod on ebay, and the seller did not mention anything about the warranty. So I asked him if the rod comes with it. And the answer I got back was ďDoesnít all Sage rods come with the warranty, I think so.Ē I have no clue if the rod should include some card or something like that to have a valid warranty on it. So to you Sage people, how does this work? I appreciate your help! Big thanks to you all for putting up with my questions :P
Thanks!
Niklas
Old 02-03-2009, 05:07 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sage warranty question

Sage rods come with a warranty card which is to be filled out and returned to Sage to "register" it. If the prior owner filled out and sent in the card, then you as a subsequent owner don't have a Sage warranty. Having said that, I understand (although have not needed to take advantage of on my non-warranty Sage rods) that Sage will repair their rods for a nominal $40 fee. Maybe another member who has taken advantage of this can chime in.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:35 PM

Benford is on a distinguished road

This seller sounds like an *******....just figured I'd share that first

Anyway, I recently sent my Sage in to be repaired and without sending a note or anything, I mailed the whole rod with the warranty registration card and got an email saying they received it, would fix it and have it back in two to three weeks.

They ask you not to reply to the email, so I'd say if the previous owner registered the rod under his email and what not, just send it in and include a note to remind them to send back to the return address and give them a 'new email' address to get in touch with you at (being your address of course).

They're really nice and easy going out their warranty so it shouldn't be any trouble.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:47 PM

GRN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2Fish View Post
Sage rods come with a warranty card which is to be filled out and returned to Sage to "register" it. If the prior owner filled out and sent in the card, then you as a subsequent owner don't have a Sage warranty. Having said that, I understand (although have not needed to take advantage of on my non-warranty Sage rods) that Sage will repair their rods for a nominal $40 fee. Maybe another member who has taken advantage of this can chime in.
Current handling fee is $50 for warranty repair - includes shipping back to you.

I choose fly rods the same way I do women, motorcycles, and cowboy boots...
go with what ever feels good, and keep on hand as many as I can afford
Old 02-05-2009, 08:55 AM

nicketheflyfisherman is on a distinguished road

Okay I see. Thanks so much for the help!