The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 08:49 PM

crittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nice
Default Scott SCS Fly rods?

Anybody know what these rod's were built for? and when? I have way to many Scotts and need to sell them. This one I bought last fall and felt it was a bit stiff and heavier than the G2 I ended up loving.. Now I can not find anything on them.

All help would be appreciated. I think it is fairly a good rod for its time.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:59 PM

fireroad is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scott SCS Fly rods?

The Scott SCS was made for a couple of seasons in the mid 90's, I think 95-96 was the last year they where made. The SCS stood for Scott Coated System. I don't think they did very well, over shadowed by the more popular SAS and STS. What weight and length is yours? What would you guess the action is?
Old 05-22-2009, 06:06 AM

crittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nice
Default Re: Scott SCS Fly rods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireroad View Post
The Scott SCS was made for a couple of seasons in the mid 90's, I think 95-96 was the last year they where made. The SCS stood for Scott Coated System. I don't think they did very well, over shadowed by the more popular SAS and STS. What weight and length is yours? What would you guess the action is?
Rod was 9' 5wt. The action and feel was close to an S3. (I cast side by side) Maybe even a bit stiffer. I ended up selling it on EBAY to some guy in Japan.

I actually didn't like it very well. My hook sets were off. As time went on I ended up preferring a Med/Fast like a G2.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know the time frame make of this model and it makes it clear why I couldn't find any info out on the web.