rod tip repair

googoo

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can find a rod tip repair kit? I know Basspro has one for 20 bucks, but the rod costs about 25 , just the tip broke off..need a new tip and whatever else i need to fast it .....any advice?

ezamora

Reaction score
how much broke off, just the tip? if you can get the measurement of the end of the blank you can order just the tip from several places. there is a rod tip measuring tool which can really help and perhaps a local shop or builder can check it for you. a new tip probably costs around $4. then you can use devcon two part epoxy (target or a hardware store) to put it back on but generally rod builders use special rod tip adhesive which is similar to hot glue wax and after wrapping, allow the thread finish to hold the tip to the blank. if you have no access to traditional rod building materials, the devcon would work without thread or thread finish.

is the rod under warranty? is it from a company which would fix it for you under warranty or for a minimal cost? something to look into....

eric
fresno, ca.