The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 10:11 PM

sgjr is on a distinguished road
Default Fenwick World Class?

I'm new to fly fishing. Inherited an old Fenwick 8 1/2 Line#5 WCF855 World Class rod. Plan to try popper fishing for sun fish on double tapered floating fly line. Truly don't know if this is a proper rod for this type of fishing. My buddy told me to bring plenty of leaders as i'll be tying knots??? I don't understand...yet. Regardless, a decent rod?
Old 04-14-2009, 06:51 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fenwick World Class?

Fenwick was once one of the great rod companies and the World Class graphite was one of the last of their top quality rods.
They were made from the late '80s to the early '90s
You're going to love that rod and it's a good choice for that type of fishing.

When your friend talks about tying knots in your leader, he's refering to 'wind knots' which aren't so much a wind problem as the are a problem with the timing of the cast.
All part of learning