The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 07:34 PM

rmooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nice
Default new setup!

My new setup is an orvis clearwater II, 7' 9", 5 weight with an okuma sierra s5/6 reel. I also got this new orvis wonderline generation 3 line- 5 weight. ive done some casting, and man, ive never casted so good! i just got back home to wisconsin (my spring semester just ended!!!) and i CANT wait to get to devil's lake state park monday morning. ill be going for bass and panfish. ill post some pics if i have any luck
Old 05-09-2009, 08:13 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Re: new setup!

I bought a clearwater in an 8wt for bass and hybrids, cast great, havent used it much but looking forward to it
Old 05-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

rmooney: Good luck fishing, sounds like you have a nice setup with the new fly rod, be sure to post some photos.

Larry
Old 05-11-2009, 07:03 PM

rmooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nice

well, i went to devils lake at 6:00 am...and got skunked! i saw a lot of bass, but couldnt hook any!

then at about 5:00 pm, i went to fish lake and caught a bluegill about the size of a silver dollar haha

then as i was leaving fish lake, i thought i would head over to spring creek. great idea! i caught two nice trout. what kind of trout is this? not the rainbow, the other one. i also had my biggest rainbow on the line. it was taking out drag and it was a lot of fun...until i lost it when i went to grab it! note to self: never forget the landing net!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rainbow trout.jpg (71.1 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg brooktrout1.jpg (49.0 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg spring creek.jpg (62.5 KB, 58 views)
Old 05-14-2009, 04:11 PM

the water at spring creek is always very clear. but after the storm last night, it was completely brown! i tried fishing, but i didnt have any luck. the last three days ive caught about 4 browns, and 3 rainbows, and lost about the same amount lol. could the water clarity have effected the fishing today? what do you guys use for flies when the water isnt clear?