The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 08:44 AM

kory10 is on a distinguished road
Default Time for a New Fly Rod!

Here's the deal I'm heading out to Montana this summer and before I go I want to get myself and new rod and reel. I'll be fishing in glacier, yellowstone, and the madison. So for those size waters what is going to be best set up for me? I appreciate any input from you guys!

Kory
Old 01-26-2011, 11:14 AM

vw_s u d s is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Time for a New Fly Rod!

I fished Montana this last fall. I brought a 5wt Sage (go to) and a 3 & 4 wt, both Echo. <-(I highly reccomend) I used the 4 more than anything but I enjoy high mountain small pocket fishing. If you had to bring only one I'd say take a 5wt. You can get an Echo and Lamson combo for just over $300. A few of us spent a week mountain biking through Montana with lightweight packs, hammock camping and wet wading. Amazing place, hope this helps and have fun!

Mike
Old 01-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Kory: Since your looking to purchase a new rod, you might be interested in reading the thread on the new Yellowstone 5 wt shootout, there is a link to the shootout in the first post.
New Yellowstone Angler 5wt Shootout

Larry

Old 01-26-2011, 12:51 PM

130122 is on a distinguished road

I have a 3wt for sale if you want to tack a lock at it call me at 377-7048. i mand the rod my salfe. with the other 2 i mand. I do have a 5wt i mute sale to if i get the right pric for it. if you want the 5wt call me at 377-7048 to