The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 05:02 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough
Default Scott A3 Series

Hey everybody.

I just saw the new scott A3 series fly rods on the website of the nearest fly shop to me and i thought they looked pretty nice.

Does anybody have any experience with this new series and if so are they worth looking into.

Im going to hopefully go cast one next week and if it feels nice save up for one. its the right price for me so i can save up and get a nice reel and maybe some shark skin line.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 06-02-2009, 06:57 PM

Dotsonnt will become famous soon enoughDotsonnt will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Scott A3 Series

I do not a have an A3 but i do have a V2 and i LOVE IT! Favorite rod i have ever purchased. I have casted an A3 and it is a very nice rod. Extremely good balance and shooting ability. Scott is a great company. I purchased the V2 right after Christmas and it has been my primary rod since. What weight are you looking at?
Old 06-02-2009, 09:12 PM

kruggy1 is a jewel in the roughkruggy1 is a jewel in the roughkruggy1 is a jewel in the rough

I got 2 A2 series which the A3 is the newer version, and love mine,Definetly worth checking out. There a nice med/fast rods and load nice, I use S.A GPX, and S.A steelheader line with them.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:16 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

Hey dotsonnt,

Im looking at a five weight, maybe a four weight.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

Old 06-03-2009, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I've got an A2 905 4p and it's a great rod they're now on sale if you can find one jump on it!I use it with a 4 wt line like with my G 905and G2 905....I think Scott should offer me a rod for I've been recommending them for years....
Old 06-03-2009, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
.I think Scott should offer me a rod for I've been recommending them for years....
Not gonna happen, been trying that for years myself.

Scott makes great stuff, and an A3 5wt should be a great tool for many years.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:10 AM

txbevo has a spectacular aura abouttxbevo has a spectacular aura about

I have an A2 804-4 that I got for a deep discount after the A3s came out. It has been a great rod for me and I fish it more than any other rod I own. Not sure what exact changes Scott made with the A3, but if it is an improvement it should be a great rod. Based on my experience with the A2 I am interested in a G2 884-4. How does the action on the G2 compare to the A2?
Old 06-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

I got a phone call from my friend Baptiste this evening he caught a 64 cm carp on his Scott 905!amazingthe whole story on the forum soon!and that's not a joke!
Old 06-04-2009, 09:29 AM

jkratty is on a distinguished road

I had the opportunity to lawn-cast one along with the rest of Scott's lineup a few weeks ago. For me, the A3 and S4 were my favorites, and the difference between the way those two felt was negligible, and certainly not enough to justify the extra cash for the S4. So a 6wt A3 is in my future, without question. It's a fantastic rod!
Old 06-05-2009, 07:24 PM

Thumbs up Re: Scott A3 Series

Hey everybody,

thanks for putting in your opinions. ive decided to buy one after looking at one. so far i have saved up 160 dollars and only need another 135 dollars. can wait to get it. will post picture of it when i buy it.