The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Fly Rods

Fly Rods Post any comments or questions regarding fly rods...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 02:38 PM

elisasound is on a distinguished road
Default Cabelas LST On Sale

Hey, Not sure if this is listed anywhere, but Cabelas is having a sale on their LST rods. Its been going on for awhile already so I'm not sure how much longer they'll have it. I picked up an 4-piece 8wt this week and it is a very nice rod.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:26 PM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cabelas LST On Sale

Does anyone know who manufactures those rods?
Old 06-05-2009, 05:20 PM

ksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura aboutksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura about

I know they are maunfactured in a cabelas base plant, and if you read the reviews on the rod, youll read they've had some quality problems with the LST series...
Old 06-05-2009, 06:21 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

We must have got a good one, I bought my wife a 8.6' 5wt a couple years ago and she loves it, I even fish it now and then and like it, have had no problems with it.
Bear
Old 06-05-2009, 07:12 PM

kruggy1 is a jewel in the roughkruggy1 is a jewel in the roughkruggy1 is a jewel in the rough

I like to test cast one of the LST rods, they got some good reviews in a FLY ROD & REEL magazine i got. My buddy uses one for steelies and salmon all the time.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:37 PM

ksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura aboutksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura about

My 4 weight broke, so I took it back, and beacuase cabelas has the greatest return policy of all time, they gave me another one, and that one preceeded to break as well.

I was tired of dealing with broken rods on fishing trips, so I used the credits toward my Sage ZXL.

Both times the rod broke, it was in the last section of the rod, and the tip broke off in nearly the same spot while playing a fish.