The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap Pictures

Fly Swap Pictures View flies from past Fly Swaps.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 06:30 PM

watson has a spectacular aura aboutwatson has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Big Trout Streamer Swap, Fall 2011

Well you all know what Iíll be throwing this fall.

Nice work, great looking flies everyone!

Yes dean, itís great to see such a variety and to see what is considered a ĎĎBig steamerĒ throughout the various states!

Hope the Yoda treats you all as well!
Its true beauty doesn't show until it hits the water and when it does plan on getting to the bottom of things in a hurry.

Looking forward to putting these beauties to the test!
Thanks again!
Watson
Old 10-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies to Brent (Aroostockbasser)-- I forgot to post a pic of his Zoo Cougar in the first post on this thread (thanks Dean_Mt for catching this omission).

It's in there now.

Great flies everyone!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Well I finally had a look at the flies on the first page, what a Great bunch of trout food! You guys did an outstanding job on these ties,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-07-2011, 02:27 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Watson, that Yoda is just awesome! I cannot wait to sling that thing around. I might have a chance tomorrow on a wonderful little stream with big browns...maybe...keeping my fingers crossed...
Old 10-07-2011, 06:09 PM

tyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to all

I didnt get out after trout but I did go after some chain pickerel. The Circus Peanut that Lancer tied kept sticking out to me. I just had to try it out. The articulated fly was awesome and the pickerel thought so too. Cant wait to try out the rest of the flies!

Click the image to open in full size.

Tyler
Old 10-07-2011, 06:36 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Holly cow, I got streamer smacked today.

Not a fly in this bunch that doesn't look useful.

dean_mt

I have a question about yours. The marabou seems to be tied down the back, kinda matuka style. is that correct? I'm asking because I'm going to a local lake tomorrow that holds Largemouth, Striped, and White bass and yours looks like it would be great to drop into a shad boil for stripers, and a good white bass fly.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:52 PM

famill00 will become famous soon enough

Killer flies everyone!

-Forrest
Old 10-08-2011, 10:37 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
Holly cow, I got streamer smacked today.

Not a fly in this bunch that doesn't look useful.

dean_mt

I have a question about yours. The marabou seems to be tied down the back, kinda matuka style. is that correct? I'm asking because I'm going to a local lake tomorrow that holds Largemouth, Striped, and White bass and yours looks like it would be great to drop into a shad boil for stripers, and a good white bass fly.
Hey Mudbug, the marabou is indeed tied down in four (i think) spots, ala Matuka. Good luck with it, I've had trout charge out of deep holes and hit it near the surface on bright days. Fun stuff.

Now let me ask you, what would the difference be how the marabou is tied down for your specific circumstance?
Old 10-08-2011, 11:14 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Hey Mudbug, the marabou is indeed tied down in four (i think) spots, ala Matuka. Good luck with it, I've had trout charge out of deep holes and hit it near the surface on bright days. Fun stuff.

Now let me ask you, what would the difference be how the marabou is tied down for your specific circumstance?

I'm not sure it would matter at all, it's just different and I thought it was cool.

My trip got canceled today so I didn't get to try it, but I'm gonna tie some up.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:43 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

Tyler that picture is absolutely awesome. I know this was a trout streamer swap but as long as flies are sticking fish, i dont really care what kind. That is absolutely awesome. How many did you end up catching on it? did it hold up ok to those teeth?