The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap Pictures

Fly Swap Pictures View flies from past Fly Swaps.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 07:58 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Big Trout Streamer Swap, Fall 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
I'm not sure it would matter at all, it's just different and I thought it was cool.

My trip got canceled today so I didn't get to try it, but I'm gonna tie some up.
So if you want to tie it, here is a tip...after the bead and lead tie in the body yarn at the front and wrap to the back and throw a hitch in the thread. Then tie on a second thread at the front again, wrap the body and tie off. Tie in the marabou, whip finish and cut the front thread. Then go back to the original thread at the rear and tie down the marabou in segments.

They are all simple steps, you just have to remember them!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:51 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone else got some solid pictures of these flies stuck in a fishes mouth? I haven't had a chance yet but I can't wait to.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:56 AM

tyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to all

Im going out tomorrow after classes. It looks like it will be a great time to toss some streamers too with it supposed to rain. I will let you all know how it goes.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:00 AM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

Sorry it took so long to get here and post........ all of the tyers did an awesome job. I am a big fan of large streamers in the fall.

My Zoo Cougar intentionally has a fuller head than Galloup tyed. I like the greater bouyancy for enticing the slower action of fall. Fall brookies on a feed during their spawning period are after big meals. I just fish it in shallower and calmer waters that allow the fly to work.

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"