The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 03:21 PM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Surprise box Material swap

Borrowing an idea used on other forums. How about a material swap of an unusual nature.

Here's how it works.
1. Swappers must sign on prior to the start of each cycle,each cycle starts and ends with me.
2. Each swapper must mail me a swap item to put in the box to start it.
3. Then each person will receive the box in the rotation of how they joined.
4. Each person then gets to remove one item for each item placed back in the box. ( Maximum of three items....please.)
5. In the box will be a sheet, cross out what you took, and add what you added.
6. Then mail the box to the next person on the list. Posting here when you get the box and when you ship it.
7. To keep it a surprise....... do not post what you add to the box. But feel free to share what you have taken.
8. This swap will have no end.... we will circulate this box as long as people sign on and want to do it. ( Unless we get down to just me and another...then it's just silly.)
9. Remember....nothing gets returned. You put it in the box.....it belongs to the box until someone takes it. They in turn replace it with something else.

How does this sound???????

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 07-31-2009, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi aroostookbasser,

I am not sure that I like it. I know that most members of NAFFF would probably put back better than they take. However, there is a chance that someone may take the cream and but back low quality materials. I am sure we have all bought items and later find out they are junk. I am afraid that some of that junk may find its way into the box. Then we may have an inexperienced tyer that puts in his best stuff and in fact it is low quality because he doesn't know better.

I am afraid this type of swap may have too many flaws. Before it starts I want to hear what some of you who might participate think. I just want to make sure no one is taken advantage of.

Since you brought up a swap aroostookbasser I want to alert the members than I am rewriting the NAFFF Swap rules with a few restrictions. So far every swap has worked well but we need to make sure that always happens. We have the best members but as we grow we need to make sure our swaps operate smoothly.

Frank
Old 07-31-2009, 06:44 PM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

OK Frank...consider the idea withdrawn.

North Woods Wanderings

Old 07-31-2009, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi aroostookbasser,

Don't let me rain on your parade. Are my thoughts valid or am I over reacting? Lets don't call it dead just yet. I still want to hear some opinions from anyone who might want to join. I just want to be sure it is fair to everyone.

Frank
Old 08-01-2009, 06:22 AM

Let's wait and see..........

North Woods Wanderings

Old 08-13-2009, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Surprise box Material swap

Dead.......

I'll leave it to the next guy to try.......working on my 15th swap since April.

Just thought ..... you know share and share alike.

Good TYING!!!!!!!

North Woods Wanderings