The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

View Poll Results: What kinds of fly swaps would you like to see?
Nymphs 12 48.00%
Trout streamers 8 32.00%
Wet Flies (Soft Hackles, Flymphs, winged wets, caddis pupae) 10 40.00%
Trout Dries 7 28.00%
Salmon/Steelhead 4 16.00%
Bass Flies 9 36.00%
Panfish 6 24.00%
Salt Water 4 16.00%
Stoneflies (nymphs or adults) 4 16.00%
Mayfly (nymph, emerger, dun or spinner) 8 32.00%
Caddis ( larva, pupa or adult) 7 28.00%
Midge (larva, pupa, adult) 4 16.00%
Lifecycle swap (similar to the Blue Wing Olive swap we had awhile ago) 3 12.00%
Fast water dries (wulffs, humpies, stimulators, foam stuff etc) 8 32.00%
Tiny stuff (size 18 and smaller) 2 8.00%
Other (what else would you like to see-- please list) 2 8.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default What fly Swaps would you like to see?

As the fishing season starts to wind down thoughts turn to tying-- so feel free to vote for your favorites (this new poll let's you vote for multiple choices). All levels of tyers are welcome in the swaps.

If you want to see some swaps for stuff that's not on the list, please chime in with ideas.

mark
Old 08-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: What fly Swaps would you like to see?

Hi Everyone,

Mark has started a great poll. I hope we get a lot of responses.

Frank
Old 08-30-2009, 08:04 PM

rmooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nice

the bass swap was awesome. its a shame not many people participated...maybe we should give it another go during the winter, and hit the largies hard during the pre-spawn
Old 08-30-2009, 10:29 PM

bono is on a distinguished road

Hey it's steelehead time!
Old 08-31-2009, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

I voted :fast water dries!we're still in the lead guys
Mark,changing the rules when the vote has begun is electoral wheeler-dealing
Old 08-31-2009, 02:22 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi Everyone,

Mark has started a great poll. I hope we get a lot of responses.

Frank
Concur Frank. I voted for each swap that I could see entering sometime.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:44 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

While it did not get a lot of activity, I really liked the lifecycle swap. it was great seeing the various bug stages in one swap and it allowed people to pick thier favorite stage of the insect and tie accordingly.

Great idea/poll Mark looking forward to the swaps.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Great responses so far folks-

I've gotten a few PM's because some folks didn't realize until too late that you could vote for more than one choice, so add

life cycle +1
salt water +1
fast water dries +1

and if anyone else has missed any and wants to update the total let me know.

I'll run a "commercial" in the main forum to hopefully get some more responses and we can kick off a few swaps after Labor day with a due date around Nov. Does 2 months sound about right for a turnaround?

Oh and we'll figure out a way to get everybody that has responded into a swap, and will work with beginners to get them tying too-- there are lots of options in each of the categories to get involved whatever your skill level.

mark
Old 09-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I voted!

Larry
Old 09-04-2009, 12:44 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Spey flies would be cool. I joined a swap for these before I ever learned to tie them. Forced me to learn and so I did, now I enjoy tying them, though I am no artist at them yet.
The one I joined was a wet fly/Spey swap. You picked a wet pattern and tied it then you converted it to a spey pattern and tied them so everyone got one of each. It was a great swap.