The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fast Water Dry Swap, Fall 2009

Fast Water Dry Fly Swap Due Date December 1, 2009

For those that responded to the swap survey and expressed an interest in tying stuff for fast water, I’ve included your names here, but please confirm you’re still interested, and let me know what you’re tying if/when you know it. Anything goes, Hare, Hair, Foam, or hackle--- as long as it floats like a cork in a roaring river

1. Brandy- Rusty Spinner - RECEIVED
2. BlueBird- Black Booby- RECEIVED
3. Kelkay- Rapid River Caddis- RECEIVED
4. jbbfly- Nico's Favorite RECEIVED
5. Jimmie- X Caddis- RECEIVED
6. Peregrines- Ausable Wulff- RECEIVED
7. Webrx- Caddis - RECEIVED

For other folks that didn’t participate in the survey, but want to get in on the swap, respond to the thread and we’ll see if we can add you too—filling up empty slots, or replacing folks with a reserved space that elect to drop out.
I’m thinking a due date of December 1, 2009 (approx 2 ½ months) should be good- let me know if that works for you too.

I’ll send everyone that confirms/responds that they’re in my address via PM.

Mark

Last edited by peregrines; 12-01-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fast Water Dry Swap, Fall 2009

I'm in Mark:dry hackle fly "Nico's favorite"
Old 09-18-2009, 07:41 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Wow, all this tying, how am I gonna find time to fish

Just kidding,

I'm in this one too, I think I will tie up some elk hair caddis (is it caddisis or caddisi) in any case I can tie 12 of em

I have been thinking about tying something that uses foam since a nice bow hit my indicator the other day, but I don't have any foam to tie with yet, and haven't really looked for a pattern yet. If I come up with something in the next day or so I might change, but for now, I know the EHC works on the truckee, and that is my standard dry for just down stream of the riffles.....

OK, for now, put me down for caddis....

Boy that was a tough decision

Dave
Old 09-18-2009, 08:45 AM

BlueBird will become famous soon enoughBlueBird will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlueBird Send a message via MSN to BlueBird

please count me in.. I have waiting for fly swaps...
Old 09-18-2009, 09:23 AM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Would a foam beetle be okay for this swap? If so I may be interested. It will float, but it would best be fished near the edge.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:48 AM

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Great- Kelkay, the foam beetle would be great.

Blebird, Jbbfly, Webrx, you're all in too.

Thanks for jumping in.

mark
Old 09-18-2009, 05:49 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Thanks again for doing this Mark.
Please put me down for an "X Caddis".
Old 09-18-2009, 07:26 PM

Excellent Jimmie, good to have you in this one.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:58 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Wow,
I can't wait for this one to be done, I was fishing last weekend, and saw several large trout rising just below the riffles, but I for the life of me could not figure out how to get one to take a fly. I tried copper johns, GRHEs, EHCs, a black bugger, nothing worked.

I could not see anything on the water though there were some extremely tiny black gnats just above the surface - It did not look like the trout were taking these. I did not have a sample net with me as it was just a quick trip in the evening. I have to guess they were taking something just below the surface. This time of year october caddis hatch, and maybe this is the meal they were eating just below the surface just before dusk. I am gonna try again this weekend.

Any suggestions for fastwater trout on a freestone river just below the riffles in fast water would be appreciated.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:17 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Mark

I'd like to join in on this fly swap. Let me think about what I want to tie.

Larry