The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 08:44 AM

Bamboo10 is a jewel in the roughBamboo10 is a jewel in the roughBamboo10 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Going Tiny Swap

Put me in for some extended body BWO parachutes size 20.
GJ
Old 09-28-2009, 10:05 AM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Got to keep this fairly simple since I've never tied "tiny". According to the guys in a fly shop on the eastern Sierra this is the hot fly in the right size. I'll be doing a "Zebra Midge Emerger" in a #20.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:32 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Another update; we're at 11 tyers now; only space for one more.

Here's the roster and the patterns, as I have them at this point:

Futuramille - TBD
Joni - TBD
Bamboo10 - BWI para extended body, #20
Jimmie - Zebra MIdge Emerger, #20
Pocono - Griffith Gnat variant, #22
BlueDun - TBD
FISHN50 - TBD
tob1 - TBD
Greenwood - BWO wet, #20
Kerry Pitt - TBD
BlueBird - TBD

Are we going to see any hook sizes below #22; I hope so because I know that some of you can tie them well.

Pocono
Old 09-29-2009, 04:33 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

At my current age it is more, seeing the hook than tying on it. I have some 28's I could try something on that size range. I'll let you know tomorrow, for sure. I'll tell you this sitting around waiting for surgery, taking drugs so I can stay functional sucks!!! I woke up just before I made this post at 0330hrs. and this was the first thing on my mind. I'm loosin' it I tell ya!
Old 09-29-2009, 08:55 PM

get_jiggy is on a distinguished road

I know I'm new here, but I was just tying up some size 26 grizzly midge parachutes for tomorrow. if there is still room I can tie up some more for the swap.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:27 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

I've decided on a #24 BH GRHE Nymph. I landed 1 brown and 2 bows with it and besides two browns on a "pheasant tail nymph" in the same size, they are the only two ties of that size I have proven to myself will work. Probably the local as the fish were biting GRHE's from size 16 - 24.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:49 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

We're full up!

Here's another update on the roster and patterns for you all:

Futuramille - BH GRHE Nymph, #24
Joni - TBD
Jimmie - Zebra Midge emerger, #20
BlueDun - TBD
FISHN50 - TBD
tob1 - TBD
Greenwood - BWO wet, #20
Kerry Pitt - TBD
BlueBird - TBD
Get_Jiggy - Grizzly para Midge, #26

Now it's time to start thinking about tying them up. Keep posting to let everyone know how you're coming along.

Thanks everyone for signing up. This swap is going to be challenging, and fun!

Pocono
Old 10-01-2009, 03:10 PM

tob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to behold

I think I will go for a paraloop midge in size 24 or smaller.

Click the image to open in full size.

Trygve
Old 10-01-2009, 08:28 PM

That's a really nice looking fly Trygve. I've never seen a paraloop tie before. I like it; looks really buggy to me. How about a little pictorial "how to tie" on that one(?)

I'll put your pattern in the roster.

Pocono

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Here's another update for you all on the roster and the patterns.

Futuramille - BH GRHE Nymph, #24
Joni - TBD
Jimmie - Zebra Midge emerger, #20
BlueDun - TBD
FISHN50 - TBD
tob1 - Paraloop Midge, #24/-
Greenwood - BWO wet, #20
Kerry Pitt - TBD
BlueBird - TBD
Get_Jiggy - Grizzly para Midge, #26

Don't forget to send my your patterns as soon as you decide what you're going to be tying up.

Pocono
Old 10-06-2009, 12:32 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

11 more of these...

I got a couple hits on a #22 of this pattern over the weekend but couldn't hook up.

hook - tiemco 2487 #24
tail - rabbit guard hair
rib - super fine gold wire
body - rabbit hair
case - small pheasant wing feather
bead - tungsten 1.5mm

Click the image to open in full size.