The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 06:40 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Going Tiny Swap

Mine will be in the mail on Friday.....
Old 10-15-2009, 01:55 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Done, going in the mail tomorrow!

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful tiny nymphs....start regretting not to be in this wap guys
Old 10-15-2009, 07:44 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Thanks JP...thats a great complement coming from you, this has been quite fun so far (my first swap). You may notice that the pic quality improved some. I have a 7.0 mp camera with macro...I've been taking photo's on the highest resolution possible. I simply set the resolution to normal (lowest setting).
Old 10-15-2009, 07:55 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Two months to go and flies are already either in the mail or going into the mail from Tob1, Jimmie, Kerry Pitt and Futuramille. You guys are making the rest of us look bad; including your swapmeister!

Seriously, if you all want an earlier date, then I can do it if the other 7 can can get their flies in ahead of the due date.

Let me hear from the rest of you on how you want to go on this.

Otherwise, I'm going to have to employ extreme resistance in order to NOT FISH THESE FLIES ahead of sending them all out to you!

Pocono
Old 10-15-2009, 09:03 PM

np, I can send you a couple extras if you like. They work down here in NC/SC....least I can do for your efforts. I'll do a variant I've also had luck with. I'll post a picture in a bit...off to twist a couple up.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Wow! Two months to go and flies are already either in the mail or going into the mail from Tob1, Jimmie, Kerry Pitt and Futuramille. You guys are making the rest of us look bad; including your swapmeister!

Seriously, if you all want an earlier date, then I can do it if the other 7 can can get their flies in ahead of the due date.

Let me hear from the rest of you on how you want to go on this.

Otherwise, I'm going to have to employ extreme resistance in order to NOT FISH THESE FLIES ahead of sending them all out to you!

Pocono

I am half done and could have them in the mail by next week and still have time to fish my bum off...LOL In other words "No sweat!" Early is cool.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:24 PM

ok, same pattern but using smallest brown goose biot for case.

Don't laugh, this pattern in size 20 caught this brookie for this friend of mine two weekends ago, at 3:30ish in the afternoon on a sunny day. She was sitting behind a rock at the end of a long shelf running the edge of a rifle. He bounced it off the rock and his rod bent and just stayed bent..she didn't move for about 4 seconds...he thought snag and snapped his rod back setting the hook, then it was a fairly good rodeo. We were tent camping and he was wanting trout. I hated to see her strung...we let most go when camping but we eat trout too. My friend is rather new to the game and didn't realize he had caught what amounts to a fair trophy brookie for these parts. I'm asuming brook trout because of the yellow bottom and the other browns we catch here look much different.

Anyway's, I'll include it for you to try sometime. I may retie and give it a bit healthier thorax though...doesn't blend with the bead well enough.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:02 PM ----------

probably a brown but I've just not seen any with that yellow bottom...but its missing the yellow spots for a brook...Oh well...it made Dan happy in any case.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:39 PM

hmmm..reloading the trout pic...
Old 10-16-2009, 05:01 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Got a little behind today and it took longer to tag those little suckers than it did to tie them. In the mail Monday morning.......Kerry