The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grasshopper Swap Spring 2011

Ant- glad you're in this one, the Letort Hopper is a classic!

Flies form Jimmie made it-- you guys are in for a treat when you see that "pink pookie" hopper
Old 04-10-2011, 08:07 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm slowly but surely getting them tied up a few at a time. I'll be out of hooks before i finish my dozen so i'll be sure to go get some more soon. The orignal plan for me was to try and makea hopper/gurgler or.. "hopgurppler." I know cool name. It has trasformed to a foam and elk hair pattern.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:02 AM

2PawsRiver will become famous soon enough

Am sorry I missed this one, thats more like it.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:19 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PawsRiver View Post
Am sorry I missed this one, thats more like it.
Mark: You still have time to jump aboard on this fly swap, the flies aren't due in until June 1, 2011.

Larry

Larry
Old 04-11-2011, 07:44 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Ok put me down for the DH Hopper. I tied a couple practice ones this weekend and was pleased enough with the results.

Do I need to make them all the same color? or can i split them up alittle bit?

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 04-11-2011, 04:36 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

Almost finished up with mine.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Mark (2Paws) yup there's still plenty of time and room if you want in on this one. Just let me know.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:59 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

All my DHs are done. Nice and yellow. they look gooood. even my trout in the aquarium wanted to eat them, but they'll eat damn near anything

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 04-19-2011, 09:00 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
All my DHs are done. Nice and yellow. they look gooood. even my trout in the aquarium wanted to eat them, but they'll eat damn near anything
You have trout in an aquarium? I thought that was d@mn near impossible to pull of..... Kudos to you.
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 04-20-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant View Post
You have trout in an aquarium? I thought that was d@mn near impossible to pull of..... Kudos to you.
Yes i do. 2 rainbows, they are about 6" now. Its just not cheap. haha. Getting water cold and keeping it cold is the tricky part, after that they are easy. Although they will probably eat me out of house and home. if its in the water they want it. including cat feet......

Storm Drain Bonefisher