The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Swap (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-swap/)
-   -   Favorite Spring Fly Swap (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-swap/117442-favorite-spring-fly-swap.html)

peregrines 03-22-2011 11:00 AM

Favorite Spring Fly Swap

Thanks to Jimmie and Dave for suggesting the idea for "favorite seasonal fly" swaps, and to those of you that participated in the Favorite Winter Swap that just wrapped up.

Have a favorite fly you like to toss in the Spring? Here's a chance to show it off. As always, tyers of all abilities, including beginners are welcome.

Due Date May 1, 2011

1. Jimmie - RECEIVED
2. Futuramille - RECEIVED
3. Webrx- RECEIVED
4. Flytier07 - RECEIVED
5. McNerney - RECEIVED
6. RussellB - RECEIVED
7. Aroostockbasser - RECEIVED

Jimmie 03-22-2011 07:10 PM

Re: Favorite Spring Fly Swap

Thanks Mark. My fly......TBA.

March Brown dry. Northwest style=a little olive and gray in the mix rather than all mottled brown.

EXPATRIATE 03-28-2011 12:22 PM

Sounds interesting, Mark. Count me in. On one of these swaps-this makes number five I've taken part in I may Actually get some flies back! Byron-That includes U. K. forums to which I think the organisers are rather slow returning the swapped flies.

peregrines 03-28-2011 12:55 PM

flytier07, glad to have you aboard.

webrx 03-30-2011 07:34 AM

Ill play, I love spring, can't wait for it to finally get here weather wise.

d

mcnerney 03-30-2011 09:51 AM

Mark: Sign me up!

Larry

peregrines 03-30-2011 11:33 AM

Dave and Larry- great to have you both in this one.

EXPATRIATE 03-30-2011 02:07 PM

Any restriction on which pattern to tie? And by the way I fianlly got some flies back from the first swap I entered-and they're much better than mine

peregrines 03-30-2011 03:17 PM

Flytier- Nope- no restrictions. I suspect most of the swappers in this one though will be fishing for trout so something that might has the potential of attracting a trout's attention would be especially likely to please.

Have you not received flies from NAFFF swaps? Only one person hasn't to my knowledge and that was because the return address was illegible and he hasn't responded to my PMs and is no longer active on the forum. I still have his flies all ready to go though in case he surfaces...

EXPATRIATE 03-31-2011 12:17 PM

Hi Mark-no they were on englsh (uk) forums and apparently some are winging their way to me now. The ones I did get back are some lovely cdc patterns tied much better than I could ever manage so I hope I can learn from others as I wish to do. I was told I use much too heavy a thread and don't always get the proportions right so hope the ones I send will be all the better for the critique.