The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Favorite Spring Fly Swap

Thanks to Jimmie and Dave for suggesting the idea for "favorite seasonal fly" swaps, and to those of you that participated in the Favorite Winter Swap that just wrapped up.

Have a favorite fly you like to toss in the Spring? Here's a chance to show it off. As always, tyers of all abilities, including beginners are welcome.

Due Date May 1, 2011

1. Jimmie - RECEIVED
2. Futuramille - RECEIVED
3. Webrx- RECEIVED
4. Flytier07 - RECEIVED
5. McNerney - RECEIVED
6. RussellB - RECEIVED
7. Aroostockbasser - RECEIVED

Last edited by peregrines; 05-05-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:10 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Favorite Spring Fly Swap

Thanks Mark. My fly......TBA.

March Brown dry. Northwest style=a little olive and gray in the mix rather than all mottled brown.

Last edited by Jimmie; 04-02-2011 at 09:17 PM. Reason: updated fly pick
Old 03-28-2011, 12:22 PM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

Sounds interesting, Mark. Count me in. On one of these swaps-this makes number five I've taken part in I may Actually get some flies back! Byron-That includes U. K. forums to which I think the organisers are rather slow returning the swapped flies.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:55 PM

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

flytier07, glad to have you aboard.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:34 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Ill play, I love spring, can't wait for it to finally get here weather wise.

d
Old 03-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Mark: Sign me up!

Larry

Old 03-30-2011, 11:33 AM

Dave and Larry- great to have you both in this one.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:07 PM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

Any restriction on which pattern to tie? And by the way I fianlly got some flies back from the first swap I entered-and they're much better than mine
Old 03-30-2011, 03:17 PM

Flytier- Nope- no restrictions. I suspect most of the swappers in this one though will be fishing for trout so something that might has the potential of attracting a trout's attention would be especially likely to please.

Have you not received flies from NAFFF swaps? Only one person hasn't to my knowledge and that was because the return address was illegible and he hasn't responded to my PMs and is no longer active on the forum. I still have his flies all ready to go though in case he surfaces...
Old 03-31-2011, 12:17 PM

Hi Mark-no they were on englsh (uk) forums and apparently some are winging their way to me now. The ones I did get back are some lovely cdc patterns tied much better than I could ever manage so I hope I can learn from others as I wish to do. I was told I use much too heavy a thread and don't always get the proportions right so hope the ones I send will be all the better for the critique.