The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 12:18 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Panfish and Bass Fly Swap Spring 2011

I want in on this one.

I might tie up some bluegill spiders. They were awesome 'round here.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 03-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent, Carman the Lite Brite Leech sounds like a great one, and Stl_ Geoff glad you jumped in-- foam spiders are a lot of fun to fish.

Hopefully we'll get a few more folks-- I'm holding off to let others sign up, but I'll jump in too if you don't get 12.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:03 AM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

Hi Guys, Tried some of my weighted Cats Whiskers on an english stillwater only yesterday-red tungsten bead heads, red bead chain eyed and chartreuse plus unweighted ones. Had loads of follows but only nipping the tails. When I pinched the tails shorter the devils then stopped following altogether. Isn't trout fishing wonderful at times! What did I catch on-fiery red tungsten bead head buzzer, black thread body and red holographic rib was all I could catch on while my partner was catching on dry flies on a freezing cold very windy day.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:17 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in for a Gurgler, my favorite Bass fly...
Old 04-02-2011, 07:50 AM

khl is on a distinguished road

Don't those fish know what they're supposed to be hitting?

I'm mighty curious to find out how they work in my local waters. I've never fished them before.

Kai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flytier07 View Post
Hi Guys, Tried some of my weighted Cats Whiskers on an english stillwater only yesterday-red tungsten bead heads, red bead chain eyed and chartreuse plus unweighted ones. Had loads of follows but only nipping the tails. When I pinched the tails shorter the devils then stopped following altogether. Isn't trout fishing wonderful at times! What did I catch on-fiery red tungsten bead head buzzer, black thread body and red holographic rib was all I could catch on while my partner was catching on dry flies on a freezing cold very windy day.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:26 PM

tyler185 is just really nicetyler185 is just really nicetyler185 is just really nicetyler185 is just really nice

Hey Mark,

Is there a deadline to when people can sign up. I only ask because I dont want to send the flies to early and have to send a second package.

Im still waiting on a certain material to be restocked so I can start tying my flies up so I dont think I will end up sending them to early. I was just curious if there was a deadline for the sign up.

Tyler
Old 04-09-2011, 01:36 PM

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Swirlchaser- glad to have you in this one with a gurgler. I'll send you a pM with my address so you'll know where to send them.

Tyler- I was hoping we'd get 12 swappers, so wanted to leave it open for a bit. What I normally do is divide the flies up equally among the participants-- so if you send in 12 flies and it turns out there are only 10 participants (unfortunately sometimes people drop out at the last minute), you'd get 12 flies back-- 9 from the other participants and 3 duplicates for 12 flies total. Hope fully that makes sense.

With swirlchaser joining us, we have 9 in this swap now -- hopefully we'll get a few more -- and I'll jump in to make it 10 if we don't get anyone else.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:25 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

I'll go for a DW Minnow or maybe a Diamond Hair Minnow.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:31 AM

Excellent mudbug, glad you jumped in on this one.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:29 PM

tyler185 is just really nicetyler185 is just really nicetyler185 is just really nicetyler185 is just really nice

Hope you guys dont mind but I ran out of the eyes I was using and the shop was out of them so one of the flies has white eyes instead of yellow...sorry. Still looks good though