The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 11:30 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Post Turkey Day Swap

OK, I figured out what I am gonna tie, it will be Chartruese and Red - Holiday colors -and will be on a size 14, and will be a proven pattern that works for trout and panfish.

I only posted this much as a hint - I like Christmas - but hate waiting to open presents.

Dave
Old 12-05-2009, 02:23 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrx View Post
I only posted this much as a hint - I like Christmas - but hate waiting to open presents.
What!? no guesses yet?

ok, well, I will have these all tied up today or tomorrow -

Hint 2 - they are pretty easy to tie, and they have been mentioned more then once in a very active post in the last week or so.....

d
Old 12-05-2009, 07:07 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Micky finn?
Old 12-05-2009, 10:11 PM

nope, shake that box a little more and listen closely to the rattle

Mine are all tied up, just need to bag and tag em.2 out of 5 swaps done gonna work on the still water swap next, got my scud back today.

d

Last edited by webrx; 12-06-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:52 AM

OK, since there are no more guesses, you all must be out fishing while I sit here surrounded by snow....

My tie for this swap - a red headed greenie weenie - cause trout like red heads

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Webrx's flies arrived--- I inserted the roster of tyers for this swap in the first post (on the first page) to be consistent with other swaps-- and I'll update the status as flies come in.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:19 AM

quackhead35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrines View Post
Webrx's flies arrived--- I inserted the roster of tyers for this swap in the first post (on the first page) to be consistent with other swaps-- and I'll update the status as flies come in.
I'm glad you posted about this....May have forgotten about this swap lol. I did also use most of the flies I tied up for this swap. So are we just tying up 6 flies in total?
Old 12-29-2009, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Flies from Brandy arrived today.

Quack--- since there are 7 tyers, if everyone ties up 12 flies, they'll get 12 flies back--- doubles from the other 6 tyers. (Brandy and Webrx have each sent in 12 already)
Old 12-29-2009, 10:59 PM

quackhead35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrines View Post
Flies from Brandy arrived today.

Quack--- since there are 7 tyers, if everyone ties up 12 flies, they'll get 12 flies back--- doubles from the other 6 tyers. (Brandy and Webrx have each sent in 12 already)
Ah sounds good. Now I just need to figure out how to send em and what to use to tag them
Old 01-06-2010, 05:49 PM

fish_gypsy is on a distinguished road

Sorry for cutting things so close guys, I just realized these are due the tenth. I'll drop mine in the mail tomorrow.

Edit: I finished them up tonight, dropping them in the mail tomorrow. They're forecasting 4-6 inches of snow for tonight, so I'll be testing the mettle of the United States Postal Service

http://www.fishgypsy.wordpress.com

Last edited by fish_gypsy; 01-06-2010 at 11:00 PM.