The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More Fly Swaps for 2010

Absolutely from me....His Softhackle has caught me some HUGE fish.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:49 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Somewhere in my stuff I have a couple of Gartside Gurglers. I would be in on something like that......Kerry
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:14 AM

brandy will become famous soon enough

I like webrx's idea. It would be a challenge to tie something outside the box.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:41 AM

Greenwood will become famous soon enoughGreenwood will become famous soon enough

Yep...it's been a busy summer but this winter looks kinda slow, so I'm interested in whatever swaps my tying skills will lend them to. And, I don't think I could tie a mouse if my life depended on it ...lol....sorry Joni..
Old 12-08-2009, 06:13 AM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

Just got word JG had no wife...... can we get Joni to sell a set on ebay for charity....American cancer Society.......TU or ???????

Pm me with link if we are going to do this.......I'll tye the G-Frog!!! Awesome bass and pikey fly.

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 12-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea how to sell them, but good idea.

I would love to work on this, but doing the leader special this month and it is keeping me off the streets..LOL

I take a break now and them to do another swap. I can do the Soft Hackle flies however.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:56 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

I'm up for specific material tie swap.

single out a specific material to get 12 different flies that use the same thing. I've always had pheasant tail in my supplies and I believe it comes with a lot of kits as well. So 12 different flies that use Pheasant tail or CDC or ??? all other ingredients and hook sizes being open.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:54 AM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

hey Peregrines are we going to do the Gartside memorial? Can we get it listed? see who bites.

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 01-05-2010, 11:16 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Hey, I had another idea for a swap, call it an educational swap.

tyers pick a fly, and not only do they tie it up for the swap, they also post on the thread a little "education" on the fly, along with the standard stuff like how to tie it, maybe stuff like the origin of the fly, thier favorite way to fish the fly, or the various methods for fishing it, why they choose to tie this fly, etc.

This way we could all maybe learn a few new tactics and gain some info on the different flies. Nothing like a 5000 word essay or anything mind you, but little trivia kind of stuff.

Any thoughts or interest?

d
Old 01-06-2010, 10:42 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

I like that idea. I enjoy learning some of the history behind fly patterns, good thought.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.