The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default More Fly Swaps for 2010

Hi all-

There has been a lot of interest in the fly swaps and we want to keep the swaps going.

Here's a preview of some upcoming swaps--- these will be getting their own threads with due dates etc.

Early 2010

Pike/Musky Fly Swap- for big mean toothy critters

Wet Fly Swap - "classic" soft hackles, wingless wets, flymphs and winged wet flies and more modern versions including caddis pupae patterns etc.

Panfish Swap- anything for panfish for you warmwater folks

After Thanksgiving Swap - Trout/Panfish flies

Basic Trout Box- Your choice of nymphs wets dries or streamers. Stuff that would make a good all around trout box, this would be a great swap for beginning and intermediate tyers to practice tying up some proven patterns.

Basic Warmwater Box- The idea behind this swap is for folks to end up with 12 flies that are a good all around selection for both bass and panfish. Another good swap for Beginning and Intermediate tyers, this swap will have 6 places for folks that want to tie 12 panfish flies and 6 slots for folks that want to tie 12 bass flies. That way each participant will end up with 12 flies, 6 for panfish and 6 for bass.

Trout Fly Donation- suggested by Brent (Aroostockbasser) this is an opportunity to tie up some flies for a good cause. Reeling and Healing is a 501 (c) 3 organization provides fly fishing retreats to women survivors of cancer. Flies will be used primarily for trout fishing (good choices would be size 14 and 16 nymphs, wets and dries and size 8 streamers and buggers). All flies tied for this "swap" will be donated and sent to Reeling and Healing

Early Season Trout flies- your choice of fly, these are flies that should be good for early season conditions.

As the season progresses we'll keep adding more swaps, with a mix for both both trout and warmwater folks, and will include swaps for saltwater and whatever else if there's enough interest.

If you want to see swaps for something specific like
-critters--- (terrestrials, crayfish, stones/mays/caddis/midges, specific hatches,) or
-for fishing different water types (spring creeks, tailwaters, still waters, saltwater flats,) or
-are interested in swaps using specific materials (cdc, bucktail), or
-specific types of flies (Classic Catskill Dries, Parachutes, etc)
just suggest it here and I'll post a thread to see if we have enough takers!

As always, tyers of all skill levels are welcome in swaps.

Keep an eye out for the next bunch of swaps-- I'll be posting individual threads for them next week.

mark
Old 11-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More Fly Swaps for 2010

Mark I'm in the Trout Fly Donation(good idea Brent).Dry size14.Let me know how many flies we'll have to tie.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:42 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Looking forward to the winter swaps. Thanks Mark.
Last winter I sat back and watched. That was fun too. Some real talent here. It's almost hypnotic to watch and read the different ties.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:57 PM

fish_gypsy is on a distinguished road

One thought I had was a swap of local or regional patterns- the stuff you don't typically see in the big mail order houses and catalogs. Each tyer selects a local or regional pattern which has proved successful for them.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

JBB- Thanks I'll be posting a thread on that swap next week after i speak to the folks there (any amount of flies would be appreciated, 12 would be great)

Gypsy great idea for a swap! We had an International Swap in 2009 that was also a hit, with some great patterns from all over the world.

Jimmie glad you'll be in more of them this year.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Lately, I have been a SLACKER, but no more SLACKING! If anyone wants to get a swap going for TROUT, I mean any kind of fly swap like dries, nymph, streamers...etc. But I have no toothy species and no Bass that I really target, but TROUT is my game.

ANY SWAPS...slap me in the side of the head or just pm me cause I NEED TO TIE..if nothing else to keep me out of trouble...LOL
Old 11-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I could be talked into the pike/musky swap pretty easy. Maybe the winged wet flies one too. I like to tie 'em. Would something like a spey or dee fly count in that one?
Old 11-29-2009, 08:44 PM

ohfisherman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ohfisherman

Can't wait for these to get started!!!
Old 11-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Mark: The Trout Fly Donation sounds like a great idea. Please put me down for that. Thanks Aroostockbasser for the great idea!

Larry
Old 11-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

How about a MOUSE swap????? or rodent of your choice...LOL