The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stillwater Trout Flies

Got mine half done...these are simple but effective!

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:09 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

goin to Cabelas tomorrow or Monday to get some clear scudback, prolly some pink too if they have it.

so I should get started on mine next week.

Nice tie Joni

d
Old 12-06-2009, 12:08 AM

Min is on a distinguished road

I don't 'bob around in a float tube', I float around lazily, and comfortably, in a 12' aluminum.

Can I still join??
Old 12-06-2009, 04:26 PM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Mark
Count me in ill need to go shopping for some hooks
ill tie a black midge puppa #20
When are they due?

Chris
Old 12-07-2009, 06:49 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

kewl, looks like we are up to six now.

got started last night, will try to get a pick up tonight when I get home from work. I still need to build a picture box or something to take pics in. BTW Joni - I like the photo setup you have, which is what got me thinking i need to do something.

d
Old 12-07-2009, 11:48 AM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Got mine half done...these are simple but effective!

Click the image to open in full size.
I'll say effective. There was a day last year in the high Sierras where the "Renegade" was the only fly that caught fish for us.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Min and Chris -- sure aluminum counts, good to have both of you in this one.

Great fly Joni!

mark
Old 12-08-2009, 04:48 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Got the hooks and will start tonight and post a pic

Chris
Old 12-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Done....where do I send them?
Old 12-09-2009, 08:35 PM

Min is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrx View Post
kewl, looks like we are up to six now.

got started last night, will try to get a pick up tonight when I get home from work. I still need to build a picture box or something to take pics in. BTW Joni - I like the photo setup you have, which is what got me thinking i need to do something.

d
If you get one built, and you can find enough time, I would appreciate a picture of your picture box. I would like to have my "fly" pictures turn out better and I suspect that a picture box would help.

thanks