The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 05:04 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Stillwater Trout Flies

Got them done and will send them in tomoro
Click the image to open in full size.

Chris
Old 12-10-2009, 11:59 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

haven't got started on the picture box yet, but intend to do so this weekend. I am going to try to just cut some squares in a cardboard box for now, cover the holes with some white sheet, (ripstop nylon would probably be better though) and shoot some "natural" light spots through it. Tape or glue a nice background on, maybe add some drift wood. Hopefully that will work, as long as I put the camera on a tripod there should be enought light for a decent picture.

You can buy a small photo tent off ebay for 30 dollars or so, but I'm cheap

d
Old 12-12-2009, 09:52 AM

Min is on a distinguished road

Guess that I will get something like that organized myself. I don't want to put a lot of money into it, I will only use it once in a while.

There is nothing wrong with being cheap, although, I prefer to use the word inexpensive. Problem is that it does sound a bit pretentious.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:17 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

LOL,

I prefer "creative"

I have found that a creative person can do a lot with very little cash if they set thier mind to it.

Photo of my "creative" photo box

And another view

And picture of a fly

d

Last edited by webrx; 12-12-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Dave: Very nice work on the photo box, I like it!

Larry
Old 12-12-2009, 07:21 PM

Thanks Larry, I think I may take the little green plant out as it is kinda bright, but all in all it cost me nothing and it works. I just used stuff I had around the house.

d
Old 12-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Dave: I see what you mean, it is a little bright, but adds some nice contrasting colors to the rest of the scene. Nice Work!

Larry
Old 12-12-2009, 09:34 PM

Min is on a distinguished road

Excellent work. Creative is good!

I like the idea of getting as much as possible, from as little as possible.

I used the 'handle' minimalist for awhile, then changed to Min. Less typing.

Really like the results of the light box.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:57 AM

thanks Min, the light is one of those $20.00 natural light fold ups. I use to have it on my computer desk until I put my fly tying light on there. it was soft enough I did not need to put material over the hole.

d
Old 12-13-2009, 07:22 PM

tying up the scuds for this swap today. I have about half of them done, been snowed in, so not much else to do today.