The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Swap (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-swap/)
-   -   Carp Fly Swap (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-swap/11870-carp-fly-swap.html)

peregrines 12-01-2009 11:28 AM

Carp Fly Swap

Flies for a fish face that only a mother could love.

Due date February 15, 2010

1. bkmasters- mini bugger
2. Joni - Rainy's Carp Hex RECEIVED
3. Aroostockbasser -TBD
4. Bluebird- TBD
5. Boser- Mulberry RECEIVED
6. Huron River Dan- Carp Teaser- RECEIVED

bkmasters 12-01-2009 01:03 PM

Re: Carp Fly Swap

Hi everybody,
I am new to this board and fly tying. I fish all the time for carp in the stream in my dad's yard with conventional equipment. I am planning to fly fish for carp this upcoming spring. I really don't know how to do this fly swap. If I can, I would like to tie a mini wooly bugger for this swap.
Thanks bkmasters!

peregrines 12-01-2009 01:34 PM

Great welcome to the forum and to the swap. You're in. Hopefully we'll get a bunch of folks for this one. We have a lot of folks that fish for carp on the board. Once we get a bunch of folks we'll set a due date.

For the swaps, basically you:
- tie up a fly for everyone in the swap except your self (if there are 12 people in the swap, then 11 flies),
-plunk them in a puncture proof container (altoid tin, plastic container from the deli, a fly box etc-- you'll get back whatever you send them in),
-stick the point of the fly through a "toe tag" (slip of paper with your screen name),
-enclose 2 bucks, or a stamped self addressed return envelop for the flies from the other folks to get sent back to you,
-and mail them in to me (I'll send you my name/address in a PM once we get enough folks signed up).

Once you tie up a bunch before you mail them in post the recipe, and if you can, a pic of the fly too on this thread (if you can't post a pic, I'll post it when i get it.)

And that's it. Keep asking questions if you've got them, and keep an eye out for more swaps, we'll be running a bunch over the winter and everyone is welcome so feel free to jump in.

bkmasters 12-01-2009 01:55 PM

Thanks,
That's great! Thank you for the info. I will be looking to participate.

peregrines 12-13-2009 08:10 PM

Anyone else want to get in on this?

Joni 12-14-2009 05:00 PM

I just saw this one....I want in!!!!

peregrines 12-14-2009 05:20 PM

Great Joni, you're in.

aroostookbasser 12-15-2009 09:46 AM

Ok......I'll bite...I'm in!!!

Up here we use them for corn fertilizer...... but I'll tye an Egg pattern for these bottom feeders.

Who am I to judge?????

peregrines 12-15-2009 12:30 PM

Great Aroo-- you're in.

BlueBird 12-17-2009 10:19 AM

wow.. this is unusual fly... ok... I will take the challege, pls sign me in.. thx :)