The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Carp Fly Swap

Flies for a fish face that only a mother could love.

Due date February 15, 2010

1. bkmasters- mini bugger
2. Joni - Rainy's Carp Hex RECEIVED
3. Aroostockbasser -TBD
4. Bluebird- TBD
5. Boser- Mulberry RECEIVED
6. Huron River Dan- Carp Teaser- RECEIVED

Last edited by peregrines; 01-20-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:03 PM

bkmasters is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Carp Fly Swap

Hi everybody,
I am new to this board and fly tying. I fish all the time for carp in the stream in my dad's yard with conventional equipment. I am planning to fly fish for carp this upcoming spring. I really don't know how to do this fly swap. If I can, I would like to tie a mini wooly bugger for this swap.
Thanks bkmasters!
Old 12-01-2009, 02:34 PM

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Great welcome to the forum and to the swap. You're in. Hopefully we'll get a bunch of folks for this one. We have a lot of folks that fish for carp on the board. Once we get a bunch of folks we'll set a due date.

For the swaps, basically you:
- tie up a fly for everyone in the swap except your self (if there are 12 people in the swap, then 11 flies),
-plunk them in a puncture proof container (altoid tin, plastic container from the deli, a fly box etc-- you'll get back whatever you send them in),
-stick the point of the fly through a "toe tag" (slip of paper with your screen name),
-enclose 2 bucks, or a stamped self addressed return envelop for the flies from the other folks to get sent back to you,
-and mail them in to me (I'll send you my name/address in a PM once we get enough folks signed up).

Once you tie up a bunch before you mail them in post the recipe, and if you can, a pic of the fly too on this thread (if you can't post a pic, I'll post it when i get it.)

And that's it. Keep asking questions if you've got them, and keep an eye out for more swaps, we'll be running a bunch over the winter and everyone is welcome so feel free to jump in.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:55 PM

bkmasters is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Carp Fly Swap

Thanks,
That's great! Thank you for the info. I will be looking to participate.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:10 PM

Anyone else want to get in on this?
Old 12-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I just saw this one....I want in!!!!
Old 12-14-2009, 06:20 PM

Great Joni, you're in.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:46 AM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

Ok......I'll bite...I'm in!!!

Up here we use them for corn fertilizer...... but I'll tye an Egg pattern for these bottom feeders.

Who am I to judge?????

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 12-15-2009, 01:30 PM

Great Aroo-- you're in.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:19 AM

BlueBird will become famous soon enoughBlueBird will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlueBird Send a message via MSN to BlueBird

wow.. this is unusual fly... ok... I will take the challege, pls sign me in.. thx