Redfish and Specs Saltwater Swap

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Let's see if we get enough takers to run this one-- i know we have a lot "Gulf Warriors" in Fl, MS, AL, LA and TX that throw flies in the grass and mud. How bout it?

Hopefully we'll get enough folks to run a swap- let's see who's in and set a date. Even if it's only 3 or 4 people we can tie up multiple flies so everyone gets 12 or so.

Due date March 1, 2010

1. Aroostockbasser - TBD
2. Fish Gypsy - Seaducer
3. Mikeybob365- maybe a spoon fly
4. Kerry Pitt - Squimp- RECEIVED
5. Vysogi- Del Brown's Permit Fly (Merkin)
6. Peregrines- TBD
7. PJ123- TBD

Last edited:

peregrines

Reaction score
Great Aroo---

Fish gypsy- let me know if you want in--

Hopefully we'll get a few more, i know we have a lot of folks that fling flies for em down there.

mark

MikeyBob365

Reaction score
I'm in!
not sure exactly what i'll do, but i'm considering making spoons.

peregrines

Reaction score
Great guys- Mike and Fish, it's good to have you both on board!

Let's see who else we get.

aroostookbasser

Reaction score
I'll be tying my "secret" fly. The Puff...... aka "Puff the magic Dragon" Fly. This fly has been deadly on reds in the gulf. Where a fishing bud of mine field tested and raved about it. Shared here and for the first time anywhere. Hope you catch bunches of reds with it. Send me some pics!!!

fish_gypsy

Reaction score
I bought the schtuff to tie my Deceivers a couple weeks ago, and sat around this afternoon tinkering around with them. They're easy, right? Just flash and hackle....

Well, mine came out looking not unlike the Christmas tree which is also sharing my living room- so I think I'm going to bail and do the Back Bay Bugger instead- it's something I'm familiar with and comfortable tying, and I'm not sure it's something everyone's seen.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

I bought the schtuff to tie my Deceivers a couple weeks ago, and sat around this afternoon tinkering around with them. They're easy, right? Just flash and hackle....

Well, mine came out looking not unlike the Christmas tree which is also sharing my living room- so I think I'm going to bail and do the Back Bay Bugger instead- it's something I'm familiar with and comfortable tying, and I'm not sure it's something everyone's seen.

peregrines

Reaction score
Fish Gypsy - A back Bay Bugger would be fine....

but feel free to post pics or describe the problem you're having with your deceivers in the general tying forum- maybe folks can help if you're having trouble with them.

peregrines

Reaction score
I was hoping we;d get a few more, but does Feb 1 work for everybody?

MikeyBob365

Reaction score
i have two weeks off, i'm going to try and get to work on these asap cause after those two weeks i'll have exams!

peregrines

Reaction score
Great Kerry- glad you jumped in.

If you can tie 'em up on Salt Water hooks that would be great.