12-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Caddis Life Cycle Swap
Here's an opportunity for beginning, intermediate, and advanced tyers to get in on, with a caddis life cycle swap. It's a good way for folks that may be a bit new to this to get a sense of what types of flies are used to imitate different stages of the life cycle of the stuff that trout feed on, and to recognize different stages in on the stream.
Due date March 1 2010.
For beginning tyers, if you want some suggestions for easier to tie patterns, send me a PM.
There will be a a couple of slots for folks that want to tie up some larva, pupa or adult caddis patterns:
Larva (caddis 'nymph' type patterns)
1. Hyrgrnd- Barr's Net Builder RECEIVED
2. Cicvara- Caddis Larva - RECEIVED
3. Rip Tide - Grannom cased caddis larva - RECEIVED
Pupa and (wetfly and emerger patterns)
4. Futuramille- Marabou Caddis Pupa- RECEIVED
5. Webrx- pupa with CDC - RECEIVED
6. ChrisinselwynNZ- Caddis Emerger- RECEIVED
Adult (dry fly patterns)
7. Kerry Pitt- McPhail Elk Hair Sedge- RECEIVED
8. Brandy - X Caddis RECEIVED
9. peregrines - egg laying caddis- DONE
10. Luked- Elk Hair Caddis - RECEIVED
Tyer's choice (any caddis pattern)
11. McNerny- caddis larva - RECEIVED
Last edited by peregrines; 02-05-2010 at 04:18 PM.