The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 03:14 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salmon Fly Swap?

Here's a quick pic of the Alaska Maryann pattern; version 1. I like working with Polar Bear hair; it's got a certain translucency to is that's unique in terms of what I've worked with for fly tying hair materials before.

I also like working with the Partridge Bartleet hooks; they're nice looking all by themselves; even without dressing; something that has me thinking about minimalist flies and their effectiveness, but perhaps more on that later.

This was the last fly that I tied in 2009!

Click the image to open in full size.

As I was telling Ard today, the next version will probably have golden pheasant tail and veiling (red) and a simple married wing along with the Polar Bear Hair. The variegated bone-colored cotton thread body seems to be working OK; at least for the time being.

Last edited by Pocono; 01-01-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

The last but not the worstYour fly is a beauty Allan
Old 01-01-2010, 08:02 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Well I don't usually post pictures of the fly I am sending but hey what the heck.
This fly was a take-off from the Mallard and Claret. I called it the Mallet. It was also my first attempt at spey flies.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

WOW! Kerry, that is awesome!
Old 01-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice tie Kerry. I like it. Dan
Old 01-01-2010, 10:34 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, Kerry. That's one very, very nice tie! I'm looking forward to getting that one wet.

Ard, would you post a picture of your Alaskan Lady pattern? Thanks.

Last edited by Pocono; 01-01-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:47 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Thank you, I appreciate your opinions and I also hope I can remember how the heck I tied it!
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:54 PM

Happy New Year! The first set of flies arrived today, from Joni.

Very nice box (I hope that the rest of you can do as well - )!

And what was inside was just as special; 12 great looking bombers, with recipes and an attached pic!

Lady and gentlemen, we are definitely raising the bar here!

Thanks Joni. For the rest of us.... only 2 months left!

Pocono
Old 01-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

wow that's classy Joni!the bar's very high guys
Old 01-03-2010, 12:57 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
I agree, Kerry. That's one very, very nice tie! I'm looking forward to getting that one wet.

Ard, would you post a picture of your Alaskan Lady pattern? Thanks.

The fly is in a thread on Share Patterns