The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 06:57 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Salmon Fly Swap?

There have been several posts on Salmon Flies lately and some of the forum members have provided some really nice photo examples of these flies. So, I thought that the time could be right for a Salmon Fly Swap.

As you all know, these flies come in a wide variety of shapes, forms and patterns, but they all have one thing in common; they catch great looking, good-sized fish!

So, here's the proposal: Salmon Fly pattern of your choosing (no egg patterns please; I know, they work, but let's set them aside for this swap); 12 tyers maximum; due date of March 1st. That gives everybody time to fully recover from the Holidays and gets us petty close to being back into fishing season.

Here's the roster and the patterns, as it stands now:

1. Joni - Bomber - RECEIVED
2. McNerney - Glo-Getter - RECEIVED
3. Diver Dan - Green Butt Skunk - RECEIVED
4. Pocono - Alaska Mary Ann - COMPLETE
5. Peregrines - Rutledge - RECEIVED
6. Hardyreels- Blue Charm - RECEIVED
7. Arfishnbear - Dead Prawn - RECEIVED
8. Aroostookbasser - Miramichi Cosseboom
9. Kerry Pitt - The Mallet - RECEIVED
10. tob1 - Nesten - RECEIVED
11. Cicvara - Milo - RECEIVED
12. ChrisinselwynNZ - Red Abbey - RECEIVED

We've got a full swap now. This will be fun; big hooks, interesting materials and some nice looking flies.

Here's my address for sending in your flies:

Allan Jarvis
PO Box 747
Pocono Pines, PA 18350

Pocono

Last edited by Pocono; 03-01-2010 at 08:22 PM. Reason: I'll sneak in to update this for you/Update/Update/Update/Update/Update/Update/Update/Update/Update/Update/Update
Old 12-02-2009, 08:29 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Re: Salmon Fly Swap?

Count me in please, I'll ty a "Dead Prawn"
Bear
Old 12-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

OK,

What kind of guy would I be if I posted all those flies then refused to play along.

Hardyreels aka. Ard is in.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I can tell this is going to be a great swap already. I've seen some of the posts showing flies you guys have tied. Can't wait.

Here is the Green Butt Skunk I'm tying (the one on the left) ;
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:57 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the swap Bear, Ard and Dan.

I'm going to follow Mark's lead and put all of the pertinent information into the first post, so that people can get the latest info quickly without going through a whole series of post pages. So keep checking the first post for the updates.

Dan - anyone who mixes wine with fly tying has got to have some creative juices flowing! Thanks for posting the pic of your GBS pattern.

Pocono
Old 12-03-2009, 07:39 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

I am in with my own spey pattern called "The Mallet."
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:31 AM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

I'm in...... Cosseboom.....I think.

How about a local pattern ......the Miramachi Cosseboom.

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"

Last edited by aroostookbasser; 12-03-2009 at 08:46 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 12-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

great guys- this is going to be a good one!
Old 12-03-2009, 06:39 PM

Welcome Kerry and AB!

AB - I think that local patterns are a definite plus; particularly those that are known to catch a lot of fish!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:09 PM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

Tried to post pic off flikr..... wouldn't show. ????

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"