The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Swap for Kids

Some members mentioned that they have kids that are getting into tying---

This swap is open to kids 7-13 years old (or thereabouts) any skill level, no experience necessary.

Let's limit this to 6 flies tied for each kid, with a due date of March 15.

If there's a lot of interest we can do more than one swap, but for now let's limit the amount of flies each kid has to tie.

As an added incentive, if the parent/grandparent can also tie up 6 flies to go with each of their kid's flies, then each kid will get back a baker's dozen flies (I'll throw some in too).

In order to include as many kids as possible, rather than limit it to 6 swappers, I will divide the flies up so that each kid will get six flies tied by other kids and 7 flies tied by adults

Here's who we have so far:

1 Brandy (TBD) and Giovanni (8 years old) RECEIVED
2. Brandy (TBD) and Angelica (11 years old) RECEIVED
3. Webrx (Prince) and Chris (8 years old)- Blood Midge RECEIVED

4. Futuremille (Bass Poppers) and Nathaniel (12 years old)- Bass streamers- RECEIVED

5. Flytyer_Neal (Palomino Midges) and Chase (9 years old)- Brassies-RECEIVED

6. Hyrgrnd (son Jim and grandson Micajah (9 years old) - RECEIVED
7. Sperrywater (TBD) and Chris (11 years old)
8. Sperrywater (TBD) and Kyle (8 years old)
9. Sperrywater (TBD) and Jack (5 years old)
10. Boser and grandson Caiden (7 years old) - Griffith's Gnat - RECEIVED

Last edited by peregrines; 03-23-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:33 PM

brandy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Swap for Kids

sounds great. my 8 year old is Giovani and my 11 year old is Angelica
Old 01-14-2010, 01:27 PM

hyrgrnd is on a distinguished road

Is the type of fly open or will there be a particular focus? I have a grandson who is interested in tying flies so I am just curious.

Steve

Last edited by hyrgrnd; 01-14-2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 01-14-2010, 02:07 PM

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Steve- sure the fly type is wide open, it would be great to have your grandson in this one.

To every one else, it looks like this might fill up quickly, but if there's enough interest we can do another one simultaneously--- I just didn't want the kids to have to tie more than 6 flies or so. Just respond to this thread if you have some kids that are interested and we'll figure something out.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:32 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Nathaniel is 12 and will be tying a bass streamer. Thanks for getting this organized...should be fun.

To go along with the streamers, I'll tie up deer hair poppers.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:01 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Chris is 8 and we will tie some up. Not sure what yet but will get it over the weekend.

Dave
Old 01-15-2010, 12:24 AM

flytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura about

my son Chase will tie brassies......I'll tie something .....not sure what yet
Old 01-15-2010, 09:43 AM

Because this filled up so fast and I've been getting a few PMs about other kids, I thought we might change the rules a bit to allow other kids to join in---

Kids still tie 6 flies...

Adults still tie 6 flies for each of their kids in the swap...

I'll divide up the flies when they come in so that each kid gets 6 flies tied by kids and 7 flies tied by adults (I'll throw some in).
Old 01-17-2010, 02:17 PM

flytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by flytyer_neal View Post
my son Chase will tie brassies......I'll tie something .....not sure what yet
I decided and started tying Palomino Midges.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:39 PM

Our flies went out today !!!!!!!