The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 07:01 AM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Re: Aroostookbasser

I have three fussed vertabre so I know how bad back issues SUCK, I hope he gets well soon.
Bear
Old 03-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Missed this post...hope to see him back soon
Old 03-05-2010, 11:41 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

get better soon, back issues suck.

d
Old 04-05-2010, 06:37 AM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

Wow !!!!

Thank you one and all for your best wishes......yes I'm alive.

I now know what it is like to get hit by a speeding locomotive and live through it.

As Dan told you...I get hurt at work......lucky to be here.

I was ....for lack of a better word.."flattened" by a pallet of freight. It was "dislocated" from it's perch up in a steel rack where it was stored in the warehouse. I was on the back side of an aisle getting freight out of a bin. When the pallet was "dislodged". ( Forklft operator error.)

The pallet caught me full force in the shoulders and threw me clear of it actually landing atop me.

The force was sufficient that I now have two discs fused..plated.. and screwed....right about center of my back.

I am wearing a back brace for awhile so everything can fuse and heal well.

Sitting for long periods is intolerable.......keeping me away from tying.

To all of you who prayed...thank you. To all of you I failed in missing the swaps...I am truly sorry.

I am trying to get back at it..slowly. No swaps for me for a month or more anyway.

To Pocono......thanks bro..I owe you big!!

To all of my fellow tyers.........I msss this more than anything you can imagine. Every fly I have ever tyed has been retyed in my mind each day since I woke in the ICU. My faith in God...my friends and my family have been the rock I lean on.

To Dan....... I have heeded your advice.....and my lawyer assures me all will be taken care of. So far "the company" has paid everything..... and my bills are current..... never missed a payday. Thank You for all you have done.....posting here and all .......Thanks Bud!!!

God Bless!!

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 04-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see you posting again Basser.
Get healed up quickly before the fishin gets good.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 04-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Glad you are on the mend,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-05-2010, 12:37 PM

Jimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud of

GEEEZ! A little to one side or the other and we wouldn't be hearing from you. Good to have you back.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Basser, no thanks needed. I have the same problem with setting for long periods thanks to wrecking my back. I have a tying station I put on my stove. It's a bit higher than the kitchen counter (and has much less junk on it) and I can tie standing up.
And I'm glad you took my advice. I was worried about you pal.
Dan
Old 09-03-2010, 08:21 AM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

AB lives!!!!!!!!!!

I have had a hard time since the accident......three ops....wife left.

But thank the Lord I am whole gain. Walkling...tying...and writing.

Wifey and I are working it out........slowly......apart.

Had very little fish time....now we are in a drought and my River has nearly dried up! Worst conditions in 20 years.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and support..........Dan ...you da Man!!!!!

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 09-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see you back here AB--- hope you're feeling better and get a chance to get out there--- Your streams may be getting a lot of water this weekend thanks to hurricane Earl, so hopefully the fishing will get better.