The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 09:32 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Scud or Chironomid swap!

mine are tied up gonna tag and bag em today and get em in the mail tomorrow.

d
Old 05-31-2010, 06:49 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Got Pocono and Kelly's flies (thank you both for the perks - Allan I have a spot on the drift wood for yours)
Blue Bird has checked it which is great and Mac is all that is left.....GREAT SWAP!!!!!
Sounds good to me! Glad you liked it. Pics?

Pocono
Old 06-01-2010, 10:07 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Kelly,

Here's one for you that goes with your closing line:

"piscari ergo sum"

A little latin twist on the old Cartesian philosophy.

Pocono
Pocono, check out my 'new' sig line .

Thanks,

Kelly.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Joni, did you visit the big 'H', and, if so, how was it? It was a bust for us, but timing and location are everything and we were in the wrong place at the wrong time. So much for pre-planning. The H outlet fished well for some bruiser Cutts though, so all wasn't lost. I'll post a report.

Kelly.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:03 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Cool, Kelly. I think I hear your footsteps in the halls of the great fishing Ceasars!

Have fun!

Pocono
Old 06-02-2010, 07:35 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

my flies went in the mail yesterday.

d
Old 06-02-2010, 12:31 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought I'd post a pic or two of some fish we caught this past holiday Monday on our favorite spring creek, using the scud pattern I tied for the swap. You can see the amber scud in the tup of the mouth of one big Cutt that was caught, and every other fish we caught was either on the olive or the amber scud.

This bad boy fell to the amber spring creek scud:
Click the image to open in full size.

And here's a closeup to see the full 'scud' detail:

This 20-inch brute fell to the olive version of the spring creek scud:

As did this one:

It was a sweet scud of a day on the spring creek - first trip to this water this year and well worth the effort.

Kelly.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:40 PM

MacFly55 will become famous soon enoughMacFly55 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglissmeyer1 View Post
Just thought I'd post a pic or two of some fish we caught this past holiday Monday on our favorite spring creek, using the scud pattern I tied for the swap. You can see the amber scud in the tup of the mouth of one big Cutt that was caught, and every other fish we caught was either on the olive or the amber scud.

This bad boy fell to the amber spring creek scud:

And here's a closeup to see the full 'scud' detail:

This 20-inch brute fell to the olive version of the spring creek scud:

As did this one:

It was a sweet scud of a day on the spring creek - first trip to this water this year and well worth the effort.

Kelly.
awesome !! Id say that is picture proof that your fly works...

MacFly

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

mailed out my contributions yesterday.. should be to Joni by Friday or Saturday... sorry for the delays but have to say this was a lot of fun...

MacFly
Old 06-05-2010, 09:45 AM

BlueBird will become famous soon enoughBlueBird will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlueBird Send a message via MSN to BlueBird

Joni.. mines mailed out last Monday.... Hopefully it should have reached there by now...

Recipe:

Brassy

Hook: Orvis Size #14
Thread: Black 6/0
Body: Black 6/0
Rib: Copper Wire
Thorax: Peacock Hearl
Old 06-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I just got back from a weekend of fishing. First off, let me say, I DIDN'T take my share early, but I wish I had....Pure Chironomid and scud heaven. I will post on this more with pictures.
Anyway, I have everyones and you will too by the end of the week. Thanks and I will get pictures posted with ingredients asap.

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:44 PM

MacFly55 will become famous soon enoughMacFly55 will become famous soon enough

hey sis....

I got my flies in the mail today and they all look AWESOME... one of these days I may come up to the level of the rest of you tiers .. but then again I get the benefit of your espertise.. and that is a good thing..

MacFly :cool
: