The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default School's Out- Kid's Fly Swap?

How about another fly swap for kids?

In our last kid's fly swap we had a lot of fun, a lot of participation, and some great flies from tyers as young as 5 years old, so I thought we might try it again now that school is out.

You can see pics of the flies tied in our last kid's fly swap here: Fishing Knots | How to Tie Fishing Knots | Animated Fishing Knots

The way we worked it last time is that the swap is open to all comers (no age limit, no limit on the number of participants).

Each kid in the swap also has an adult (mom, dad, uncle, grandpa etc) tying in the swap too. That way each kid will get back flies from other kids and flies from adults.

Each kid ties up 12 flies any pattern and "their adult" also ties up 12 flies in any pattern.

I'll divide up everything when it comes in, so each kid will get back at least 2x the number of flies they tied - So for each set of 12 a kid submits, he or she will get back 12 flies from other kids and 12 from adults. (Really young kids can tie less if 12 seems too much, and they'll still get back a bunch)

Tyers of all abilities are welcome-- even if we get a few hairballs from kids ---- or adults.

Respond to this thread if you have any kids that might be interested with their first name and age and name of fly pattern if they've decided on one. I'll send more info to everyone that indicates they're interested by PM.

Deadline is flexible, does end of August work?

1. Natermoter - Black Ants

Last edited by peregrines; 07-07-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:33 PM

natermotor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: School's Out- Kid's Fly Swap?

I'm in... I'll tie size 16 black ants.

Is it okay if I don't have an adult do it? My dad doesn't tie, and I have no one else to tie.

I cant still tie 24.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:22 PM

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Natermotor-

Great, nater- no problem, glad to have you in this swap. In a few days I'll send everyone that signs up a PM with my address so you'll know where to send the flies.

Hopefully we'll get a bunch of folks.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:58 PM

Just wanted to give this a bump to see if we have any other takers besides Nate....

Any one out there with a kid or two that might want to try tying?