The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2011, 06:08 PM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Big Streamers for Trout Swap

Had to reship my flies..came back from USPS......sent along a couple promo pens in an unpadded envelope....package got caught in a machine in the sorting facility in Scarborough. Got a reaming from my post office on the merits of a padded envelope....Jeesh!

On their way again...sorry.

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 09-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the heads up Brent, I'll update this thread and will send you a PM when they arrive.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:29 PM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

They should be there?

North Woods Wanderings

Old 09-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they should have been, normally mail seems to take 3-4 days, but they didn't arrive until yesterday Sept 21 despite having a post mark of Sept 12 (9 days)-- maybe they were hung up because of the floods?

Anyway, looks like that will be the last set so I'll take pics and mail them out to everyone in the next day or so.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:09 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent! I can't wait to test drive this swap. I wish I had them today, I fished a wonderful little stream that I was told held big Bull Trout. I believe the source and seeing the water made sense. In the last deep hole I tied on a Drunken Sailor, cast out and stripped it back over the deep part, a big plunge pool...at the very end of the drift a nice cutthroat charged out and smacked it. He got off, next cast another came up out of the blue depth, I missed that one. Then I bush whacked back to my car through some serious bear woods.

It's that time of the year!

Thanks, Mark and all the tiers!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:42 AM

Gotta love the USPS.........guess they want another raise.

North Woods Wanderings

Old 10-02-2011, 02:33 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

Got mine! I've already been thinking about when and where each is going to catch fish for me.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:36 PM

tyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to all

Same here! They all look great!
Old 10-03-2011, 12:18 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Mark, when did you mail? I was gone all of last week and just got back home Friday evening. Just wondering if I have to interrogate my 3 year old...most packages that arrive she decides are from her gram'ma for her (and she is usually right!).

Can't wait to get my hands on these flies. The Cottonwoods are turning yellow and that tells me it's time to get the streamers out!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:47 PM

Alright! I got my package, what a great pile of flies. Thank you all, seriously, this is an amazing selection of flies! Three did not have tags (which is fine) just wondering who's who: A big articulated green and chartruse marabou beast, a beautiful little tan bunny strip w/ wooly head and eyes, and another little beauty with a striped, spun deer head and saddle feather tail. Great little streamers! A great, big streamers!

Man, I cannot wait to get on the water!

Thanks all, and thank Swapmeister Mark!