The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Streamers for Trout Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler185 View Post
I will tie the Flu Shot
Cool, that's a new one for me, looking forward to seeing it.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:55 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Would a #4 Kiwi Muddler be big and meaty enough?
Old 07-21-2011, 11:34 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

hmmm....kinda want in on this one. not to sure what to tie though. let me think about it

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 07-22-2011, 12:42 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

i have never done a fly swap i might think about getting in this one...
Old 07-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Mudbug the size 4 Kiwi Muddler is a great choice.

Geoff, anything that looks like it might be a good main course would be fine. Just say the word and you're in.

Stimulator2- everyone is always welcome in our swaps regardless of tying experience, so feel free to jump in. we often get a mix of beginners, intermediate and experienced tyers in our swaps.

There's a sticky in this forum explaining how they work-- basically it's tie up 12 flies put them in a puncture proof container and send them in--- either with a postage paid return envelope, or with $2 to cover envelop/postage. I'll send everyone a PM with my name and address once we have a few more folks. I'll divide the flies up among participants and send everyone flies from each of the other tyers in the same containers you sent them in.

You can check out pics from past fly swaps in the Fly Swap Pictures Forum
Old 07-22-2011, 02:27 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

I am conflicted - I'm not much of a streamer fisherman but need to do more of it...so this swap would be a great way to stock up on flies...but I'm not much of streamer tier, don't know many patterns.

But what the hell, I'll probably do it. But first, what is the deadline Mark?

thanks
Old 07-23-2011, 06:33 AM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

hey Mudbug.......looking forward to seeing them!.

Let me say one thing......

In all my years tying..not tying in a swap is the worse idea. Even if you do not have alot experience.....there is only one way to get it.

A september deadline for this Mark is a great idea. My Browns will be fattening up on big food getting ready for the ice to come.

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 07-23-2011, 09:40 AM

famill00 will become famous soon enough

Please put me down for a size 6 weighted wooly bugger.

Anyone have a preference on color?

-Forrest
Old 07-23-2011, 03:33 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm going to do the big articulated pattern I posted earlier. In brown and yellow. Just so eveyone knows it is BIG so don't plan on fishing it on a 4, a 6 is better but 7 or 8 would be the best choice.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:27 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

OK, put me down for a Muddled Zonker (Basically a Kiwi Muddler with the rabbit strip tied down).