The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 12:38 AM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Big Streamers for Trout Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by s fontinalis View Post
I was only in the area for a week at a conference...i scouted out a few spots and solon was one of them, but the week i was there was a TU youth camp and some of the guys from the local stores i contacted said it would be packed, so i just went to Madison off Father Rasle Road. Caught three nice little brookies on wiggle stoneflies.
Was only out for about 3 hours, but had a great time.
You were within 100 yards of my house!

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 08-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

I screwed up, Geoff had mentioned that he wouldn't be able to make this one, so we now have one more space left (to make 12 flies from 13 tyers)
Old 08-02-2011, 11:29 AM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroostookbasser View Post
You were within 100 yards of my house!
That's funny. Small world!

I tied up a couple of my swap pattern last night. It's really a pretty easy streamer to make so I hope to get them done soon. It is a #4 3XL, all white - marabou and antron. The unique feature is the action of the fly in water. It is heavily weighted with lead wire along one side of the body. This causes the fly to sort of roll while it drops when you stall your retrieve. It is a much more natural mimic of an injured bait fish than the cone-head dive motion. I'll try to get a picture up sometime before sending then.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:59 PM

famill00 will become famous soon enough

The giant buggers are done and on their way to Mark!

Recipe:
Size 6 3XL 2XH Hook
10 wraps .030 lead
Marabou Tail (Two Fluffs)
Gold Flashabou for tail accent
Bugger Chenille
Hackle (Saddle)
Gold wire for rib

These are much larger than I am used to!

-Forrest
Old 08-04-2011, 07:11 PM

watson has a spectacular aura aboutwatson has a spectacular aura about

Can I still get in on the fun or is this thing all booked up?
Old 08-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Watson- Great, glad to have you in this one. I'll send you a PM with my address and other info.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:40 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Put mine in the mail today Mark i'll get up the recipe on monday..
Old 08-05-2011, 05:14 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

Swap flies are out, with an extra goody for the swap master.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:54 AM

tyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to all

3 more flies to tie and they will be headed out. I will get them done early this week.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:33 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

6 down 6 to go...this is the tan yellow, and i've run out of some materials (Estaz and Marabou) for this version, so the other six will be olive. Submit your preference to swap-meister before he ships them out!

I'll also post a list of materials i used with specific colors as well as a step by step when all are done.

Click the image to open in full size.

Addicted To Vise