The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 07:54 PM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Big Streamers for Trout Swap

This is going to be a swap we talk about for years!!! If you ain't in it.....I'm sad for ya!

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 08-08-2011, 07:14 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

ooooooh, articulated streamers? WANT!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 08-08-2011, 01:23 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

SF, Both will catch fish for me. I would fish olive more readily though peregrines.

I'm getting really excited for this. I saw a buddy catch a 30 inch brown last night and can't wait to hook into one.

My flies recipe:
Hooks: these were two 1/0 hooks that I used to use for bait fishing but they were perfect for thsi application
Tail:yellow marabou
Trailer body: 4 bunches olive craft fur tied in reverse or hollow style
Trailer flash: FTD flash, IDK name, lost the package, any would work.
Trailer collar: red antron dubbing
Connection: two pieces 20 pound mono
Front body: Palmered yellow marabou
Front head: spinning loop with three generous clumps olive craft fur.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff guys! This one is going to be great. As always, I'll send PMs to senders and will update this thread as flies arrive
Old 08-08-2011, 02:13 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Here is my fly recipe:

Hook :9675 Mustad #6
10 wraps .030 lead
Body: Golden Olive Dubbing
Rib: Flat Gold Tinsel
Wing: Cree Neck Hackle
Collar: Red yarn or Red dubbing
Fins: 2 Grouse Wing Feathers
Head: Whitetail Deer Body Hair(spun)
Markings: Black Prism Marker
Old 08-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Received great looking flies from Shannon (Stimulator2), Devin (Lancer09), and (Forrest (Famill00) yesterday. Excellent work guys!
Old 08-13-2011, 09:25 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

12 red rockets ready for new homes. Here is the step by step from the creator of this fly
These ship monday

Click the image to open in full size.

Mike's Red Rocket Tan/Yellow 
Type of pattern streamer
Originator of pattern if known Mike Schmidt - Anglers Choice Flies
Tied and Submitted by Eunan Hendron
Level of tying experience needed to tie this pattern Intermediate, a little more complicated pattern, previous experience tying different types of patterns helpful.
Materials
Hook Gamakatsu B10S size 2(trail hook) and Size 1 (Lead Hook)
Beads 2 Glass Beads as spacers
Linker Beadalon 19 strand 0.018 "
Thread Tan 3/0 or 140 Denier
Tail 6-10 strands Copper Flashabou and Tan Rabbit Strip
Body Crustacean Tan Estaz and Palmered Yellow Schlappen Feather
Veil Tan Marabou
Cheeks Grizzly Marabou Natural
Head Rusty Bronze and Tan Senyos Laser Dub
Eyes Holographic Super Pearl 3/8". In this pattern i used 5/32" eyes, which i think are too small
Special tying notes When tying in the linker, wrap the front hook with lead, tie in the beadalon and coat with superglue. Also when tying in the marabou veil, i found lately that wetting the tips of the marabou at the tie in point allows for much easier manipulation of the strands to form a complete veil around the whole fly, as well as make it easier to trim them off for the final tie in wraps.
Target species Trout

Addicted To Vise

Last edited by s fontinalis; 08-29-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:51 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Nice looking streamers there!

Pocono
Old 08-14-2011, 01:39 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Mike's Red Rocket Olive 

Type of pattern streamer
Originator of pattern if known Mike Schmidt - Anglers Choice Flies
Tied and Submitted by Eunan Hendron
Level of tying experience needed to tie this pattern Intermediate, a little more complicated pattern, previous experience tying different types of patterns helpful.
Materials
Hook Gamakatsu B10S size 2(trail hook) and Size 1 (Lead Hook)
Beads 2 Glass Beads as spacers
Linker Beadalon 19 strand 0.018 "
Thread olive or black 3/0 or 140 Denier
Tail 6-10 strands Ocean Green Flashabou and Olive Rabbit Strip
Body Olive Estaz and Palmered Olive Schlappen Feather
Veil Olive Marabou
Cheeks Grizzly Marabou Natural
Head Olive Senyos Laser Dub
Eyes Holographic Super Pearl 3/8". In this pattern i used 5/32" eyes, which i think are too small
Special tying notes When tying in the linker, wrap the front hook with lead, tie in the beadalon and coat with superglue. Also when tying in the marabou veil, i found lately that wetting the tips of the marabou at the tie in point allows for much easier manipulation of the strands to form a complete veil around the whole fly, as well as make it easier to trim them off for the final tie in wraps.
Target species Trout

Addicted To Vise

Last edited by s fontinalis; 08-29-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:22 PM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

Sorry I missed this one Mark. I'll try to get on the next swap.