The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pike/Musky Fly Swap

You've got it Byron.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:22 PM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

I'm in.........TBD!!!!

Will have to check my bunny strip supplies! Will get back to you.....shortly!

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 08-01-2011, 11:04 AM

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Great Brent (aroostockbasser) glad you jumped in.

I'll play too-- I haven't really fished for them, but I'll see if I can come up with something from saltwater that might tempt one of those demon fish.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:45 AM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

Changed up........no bunny strip this trip!!!

Here is my fly.........The Blue Striker!!!

Love it's simplicity and ability to take Pike!!!

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"

Last edited by aroostookbasser; 08-02-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:03 PM

famill00 will become famous soon enough

Ok Guys I have never tied a fly this HUGE! I don't have a name for this fly, an old timer just told me that it works for Pike. These flies are on their way to Mark.

Recipe:

1/0 Large gap hook
6-8 chartreuse green long hackle feathers for tail
Black marabou collar (Use three pieces of marabou each tied in separately)

I hope you guys enjoy. I am still new to tying and definitely have never attempted anything this large.

-Forrest
Old 08-04-2011, 06:27 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I'll have to see if I have access to a vise before September as I have not bought one yet, but I will be back in Buffalo by then so I may be in! I will keep you posted!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 08-09-2011, 11:22 AM

Some killer looking flies from Forrest (Famill00) arrived today.

Gator-- just holler if you get your stuff and want in-- we'll also be running a lot of swaps through fall and winter so there will be plenty more you can jump in on if you don't get set up in time for this one.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:58 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Thanks Mark, I'll certainly get in on one of these swaps, though it would be ambitious to make it in this one with anything near even mediocre quality. I may need some direction with regard to intro fly tying gear. I'll have to troll the FAQs for information on how to get into it. The only flies I've tied have been very crude and used my home table vice and needle-nose pliers.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 08-17-2011, 11:51 AM

Flies from Byron (Flytier07) came yesterday, so we're getting closer
Old 08-28-2011, 03:56 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

It's pretty obvious here that we will be getting at least 2 flies from each person so I'm sending out two colors. One an attractor color and one baitfish imitation.